Note: To all of you Bush Haters... (1 Viewer)

Think about it like this:

Was Aaron Brooks good for our team? Very debatable subject. (lets not get into it) The point is whether he was more beneficial to our team or not was very debated. Some people thought we would be better without him. Some people thought we would be better with him.

Some years he had amazing #'s. Some he didn't.

I'm not comparing the 2 as talents. I'm comparing the debatable level of contribution to our team.

I think its ok to rip on a player if you think we'd be a better team without them and still cheer when that player scores.

I'm not a big hater, but if Brooks, Worfle, Drunk Kerry Collins, Mike Ditka, Shanle, or any of the others I've hated score.......Then I'm cheering for them.

Why wouldn't I? I'm a Saints fan. Scoring is good for the Saints. Cutting ties with players who's value may be better than their contribution is also good for the Saints.

Is Reggie one of those? I don't think so. I think he brings more intangibles to the tableaue than people realize.

So in summary: its ok to hate on a player and still cheer for him when he does good. Its not hypocritical as the whole is greater than its parts, or something.

I don't like Bush as a Running Back, period. He dances to much, and is not patient enough to wet the O line open holes for him, and while very fast he often outruns his blocks on the first level and therefore is largely unsuccessful from the backfield as a runner.

Now, before someone's head explodes he is UNREAL as a receiver. Incredible on the swing pass and in the slot. The bottom line is IF he is in open field he (for a fact) is a threat to take it all the way. Bush is our Steve Smith but it has taken Payton a long time to understand how he REALLY fits in the NFL. You will see Bushs' majority touches as a receiver and returner and only at RB to keep Defenses on their heels.

thanks and have a nice day

First off, I think the title bush haters is a bit wrong. I think a better name for the two camps would be bush realists and bush optimists. I haven't seen too many rational ppl say they hate bush. I have seen alot disagreement regarding Bush's value to the team. Please don't mistake dissent with hate as the two are not the same.

Second, we just had a 16 page argument over bush. Did you really think it was necessary to create another one?

Third, one of the groups is going to be correct at the end of the year. Honestly, I (and probably most ppl on my side of the argument) would love for him to prove us wrong by becoming all world this season; we're just no holding our breath for it.

your right on with the optimist and and realists. i myself am a realist. ppl have been singing this same song for 3 years now. what does bush need to do for these optimist to become realist. you would think if they had really paid attention to the last couple of years that would be enough. obviously the guy is a great athlete but is not that great of a football player. why do people get mad for others observing this? the optimist love to say how he is a great decoy and punt returner...please, i seriously doubt that he was drafted to as a decoy...a $10 million a year decoy

Reggie is easily our biggest play maker on the team.
people who booed him the other day will be screaming his name when they see him scoring TD's next week.

No way we trade Reggie, ever!

First off, I think the title bush haters is a bit wrong. I think a better name for the two camps would be bush realists and bush optimists. I haven't seen too many rational ppl say they hate bush. I have seen alot disagreement regarding Bush's value to the team. Please don't mistake dissent with hate as the two are not the same.

Second, we just had a 16 page argument over bush. Did you really think it was necessary to create another one?

Third, one of the groups is going to be correct at the end of the year. Honestly, I (and probably most ppl on my side of the argument) would love for him to prove us wrong by becoming all world this season; we're just no holding our breath for it.

THANK YOU! I'm weary from hearing people overuse/misuse the word "hate" - If you use the pop-culture phrase "you're a hater," you are not using the word correctly. Do not assume people who point out flaws actually HATE....I feel like a 2nd grade elementary school teacher for having to actually say that. Lawdy, people!

Your last paragraph--to me, it seems like we should already know if Bush is a flop or a success after THREE FULL YEARS IN THE LEAGUE. But fine, let's make it 4 ;)

I am sick of people saying, "If you boo Reggie you are a fairweather fan". It is every fan's right to boo if they so choose, and when a player makes boneheaded plays. They pay to go to the game just like everyone else.

Reggie is a good player, but he does dance too much in the backfield. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if he didn't run the ball out of the backfield anymore. Let him get his touches as a receiver, punt returner, or on reverses.

Bush is an absolute stud when healthy, problem is his shelf life seems like it is going to be very short, furthermore we have so many playmakers to get the ball to it seems reggie could do more somewhere else. The preceding being said I wouldn't trade him for anything less than a high second, honestly I bet reggie would love to go back to the west coast where he could be close to his family and friends (not to mention his girlfriend). Either way I am cool, Reggie is a class act but I don't think to consider trading him to the Raiders for market value is a form of hatred considering it would be a great move for Reggie in a lot of ways.

That being said hopefully Reggie is a big part of a Super Bowl run, I doubt Reggie is going anywhere unless he has a very good season and then if that happens we may not be willing to give up the possible long term benefit of trading him for what Reggie could bring to this team for the next 2-3 years.

Do us all a favor and S$ut you dawg garn Pessimistic pie holes! You are the same people who will cheer Bush on when he's blazing 6 TD's in 8 games..........You are the same people who chant Reggie....Reggie when Bush is back to return a punt after he had just taken two to to the house for TD's and nearly broke a 3rd. You are the same people who cheered for Bush last year when he was on pace to have his Breakout year.

But, then he goes down with a knee injury.....similar to knee injurues that Colston, Meachem, and most recently P.Thomas.......and you go to your Cot D. Pessimistic, Glass Half-Full *** mentality. Yeah lets trade Bush after game 1 to the Bengals for some crap shoot draft picks. Good idea, while we're at it, I'd love to trade all of you Bandwagon.......Negative $ss fans to the Bungals also and Ya'll can cheer on Ocho Cinco!!

Am I alone or are there others who are so sick of these Fairweather goones who love to Hate on Reggie Bush and that fine woman of his :) Reggie is a True Professional who believes in himself as a winner and is dedicated 200% to be successful in this league. He's been a winner and a superstar his whole life and will have his time to shine very soon ! Let's show this kid some love!!

I promise you everyone on this site wants to see Reggie do well. No one "hates" on him just to say I told you so. Get over it man. People cheer for him just like you say b/c he's talented, he's a Saint, and we want him to achieve his desired MVP status. There's a difference between hate and frustration after seeing him make the same mistakes over and over again. The definition of insanity = doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result...

velvetnoose.gif

BEST... SMILEY.... EVER!!!

Great thread, totally agree with what the OP said. GO REGGIE, and GO SAINTS!!!!!!!

I am sick of people saying, "If you boo Reggie you are a fairweather fan". It is every fan's right to boo if they so choose, and when a player makes boneheaded plays. They pay to go to the game just like everyone else.

Reggie is a good player, but he does dance too much in the backfield. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if he didn't run the ball out of the backfield anymore. Let him get his touches as a receiver, punt returner, or on reverses.

I'm sorry, but if you boo any player on our team you're a fairweather fan. They're our Saints. We're supposed to support them. It's true that you pay to go to the game, and have the right to act however you want...but that doesn't make you a good fan.

There are 3 groups. You forgot the pessimists. A lot of those "realists" as you call them are in the pessimist group.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom