Notice, thank you, and a question/poll/pole (1 Viewer)

Should we start an AAF board?

• Yes

Votes: 110 60.1%
  • No

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 41 22.4%

• Total voters

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Sticky Post
I have been performing some site platform updating and reformatting, and still have a ways to go. While I am doing so there are some features that may not be active, or work properly. Others I am awaiting my coder to create fixes for when he gets some time freed up. Same with the person that created the styles here, as at the moment the Forum Jump is out of order due to the styles needing updating to get up to speed with the forum software. It's all a process that will be going on for a while, and any issues will all get worked out in time. So please be patient during the process.

I really want to thank the members for supporting the site during the fundraiser, as well as our subscribers. Your contributions make of this all possible, and I cannot thank you all enough. :9:

Question, with the AAF cranking up, and seeing that there are AAF posts popping up on the SSF. Would it be better to simply start an AAF board? I am thinking that the new league may get a lot of play here, and I was also thinking that some members might be irritated by the AAF discussion on the SSF. Of course, some members just look for things to get irritated about. :hihi: I don't care one way or another. I just thought that I would put it out there.

DadsDream

We Wuz Robbed!
Reaction score
I voted separate board. But a single catchall thread on the SSF might work as a starting point.
Like you said, we a have an "I Know We Wave a Pels Board" thread on the EE Board as a catchall for those who are interested.
A similar approach might work for the AAF, then make a separate board if warranted.
The closest team is Birmingham. I guess long-suffering Memphis would be a sentimental favorite for me since I saw Kiik and Czonka play for the Grizzlies back in the day.

Saints 4 life

⚜ Falcons Suck ⚜
Reaction score
I voted YES. I got no dog in the fight, but, it's football and hopefully it will be entertaining. I'm looking at it like NFL Europe. These players get an opportunity to prove themselves all over again.

AARPSaint

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Voted yes because I would prefer to have the main board focused on the Saints. It's not a strong preference, though.

mjcouvi

Hi
Reaction score
Would it be possible to wait and see how SSF discussion about the AAF evolves as the first season progresses? If there's just a few threads on it, then a devoted forum would seem like overkill -- it'd be like the Pels board, getting almost no traffic. On the other hand, if the SSF starts getting overwhelmed by AAF topics, then a new forum would seem necessary. I voted "no" because I prefer the "wait and see" approach.

Kegger

Up North
Reaction score
Slightly different topic: anyone watch any of the AFFL videos on Youtube?

LuvNOLA

WHO DAT
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome AF is what we named the Staff Swimsuit Calender.
Now that is funny!!! That is the best use of the expression AF that I have read, to date.

sportsaint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I am guessing that you are being more specific to mobile devices?

What happens there is that all of the items that you see in the sidebar on your Desktop or Laptop are dropped in order to remove the horizontal clutter that you would otherwise have were that not to happen on mobile devices. So unlike with a PC, it's quite a scroll back to the last post when using your iPhone. I noticed it, too. It also bothers me. At the same time, we have ads being served in the sidebar, and they are worthless if not in view. So it is a dilemma for me. Especially being that 63% of our traffic is from mobile, yet mobile is only responsible for 33% of our advertising revenue. That is directly due to the side bar dropping to the bottom in mobile and not many users going there. So I have to give some thought on a better way to organize the ad placements, I guess. That way we can change the landing point of the scroll down arrow.
Thanks for the explanation and yes it's on my phone. Appreciate all your hard work on the best Saints site in the world!

BroKV

Pelón
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Are you going back to a one click “New Posts”? Right now it takes two and that’s too much work for me 😂

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My opinion for now is to wait and keep it on the Super Forum. If it gets to be too much then it could be moved, but it may give the board some content other than the usual Offseason downtime on this board. It may create some interest for more members other than just the people who will follow it, and are locked away in their own little place.

mjcouvi

Hi
Reaction score
One minor unrelated thing Andrus about the stories on the home page. Would it be possible to get links on the home page for the "full story" with each story that's listed on the home page? As it is now you have to click on either the title of the article or "continue" which brings you to yet another SR page before you can get to the link for the full story. Hope that makes sense.

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I actually came to the SSF this morning looking for any new threads on AAF. I'm going to be watching the premiere game tonight, so I'm definitely for an AAF board.

OP
OP
Andrus

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I like the improvements that I’m seeing, Andrus! WhoDat
Thanks! I'm simply putting the member contributions to work. :9:
One minor unrelated thing Andrus about the stories on the home page. Would it be possible to get links on the home page for the "full story" with each story that's listed on the home page? As it is now you have to click on either the title of the article or "continue" which brings you to yet another SR page before you can get to the link for the full story. Hope that makes sense.
A few minutes ago I set the main articles which come up first to do just that. However, as you scroll down below the "Latest posts from our Message Boards" which now follows those teasers, I can't really do that with the "Saints News feed", which is a feed coming from the "Saints RSS News feed" board. So that extra step is still required where that news serving feature is concerned.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom