Notice, thank you, and a question/poll/pole (1 Viewer)

Should we start an AAF board?

• Yes

Votes: 110 60.1%
  • No

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 41 22.4%

• Total voters
I voted yes, but where it is doesn't matter to me because I just click the "new posts" button everytime I visit.

this
i just get the sense that an AAF board, would be similar to a Pels board

Funny thing about that. A couple of months ago I added a RSS news feed as a sub-forum to the Pelican board. The idea was to have Pelicans news very handy for our Pels fans. So I grabbed some feeds and set them up to post on said sub-forum.. What I didn't realize is that one of the feeds was posting directly to the main Pels board, and not the sub-forum where it was supposed to post, so when I looked last night, there were 5 pages of news on the Pels main forum.

That was an error on my part. I was surprised that no one ever reported it, but I finally fixed it. It just shows how much attention I pay to the Pelicans. I wish that I was more interested, but I lost interest in the NBA a long time ago, and cannot seem to regain interest. I try!

Anyway, there is an ongoing Pelicans thread on the EE board, I guess because there isn't enough participation on the Pelicans board. So since you brought that up, perhaps it is better to just play it by ear on whether or not to add an AAF board.

Anyway, there is an ongoing Pelicans thread on the EE board, I guess because there isn't enough participation on the Pelicans board. So since you brought that up, perhaps it is better to just play it by ear on whether or not to add an AAF board.
yeah that's what i was thinking of - Pels on the EE
The sense that i get is we would be cool talking about AAF in addition to saints offseason stuff
but i don't see much enthusiasm with a bunch of us wanting to deep dive into multi thread discussions of the AAF games, et al

I voted a contingent no. Since the AAF is played during the Saints off-season, it might provide some substance to a board that gets some pretty weird and non-productive threads during that time. Maybe it would give posters something else to post about.

But it would be contingent upon it not interfering with threads of actual substance on the SSF. Should it become a problem rather than a benefit to the offseason posting habits here, then a move to its own board would be in order.

Iow, a trial run on the SSF.

I voted a contingent no. Since the AAF is played during the Saints off-season, it might provide some substance to a board that gets some pretty weird and non-productive threads during that time. Maybe it would give posters something else to post about.

But it would be contingent upon it not interfering with threads of actual substance on the SSF. Should it become a problem rather than a benefit to the offseason posting habits here, then a move to its own board would be in order.

Iow, a trial run on the SSF.
so this year it's probably going to be Tight End
we'll have at least 40 of the same sign FA/draft TE threads
if that's what AAF threads cut into i'll be more than fine with that

Why not a general "Other sports" board to catch soccer, AAF, olympics, golf, whatever?

I like this as the best solution. Not a fan at all of having the Saints Super Forum be about... well, not the Saints.

I get confused easily o_O

The way the season ended for the Saints.....................tacos for me!

Football "light" has never done anything for me.

I have been performing some site platform updating and reformatting, and still have a ways to go. While I am doing so there are some features that may not be active, or work properly. Others I am awaiting my coder to create fixes for when he gets some time freed up. Same with the person that created the styles here, as at the moment the Forum Jump is out of order due to the styles needing updating to get up to speed with the forum software. It's all a process that will be going on for a while, and any issues will all get worked out in time. So please be patient during the process.

I really want to thank the members for supporting the site during the fundraiser, as well as our subscribers. Your contributions make of this all possible, and I cannot thank you all enough. :9:

Question, with the AAF cranking up, and seeing that there are AAF posts popping up on the SSF. Would it be better to simply start an AAF board? I am thinking that the new league may get a lot of play here, and I was also thinking that some members might be irritated by the AAF discussion on the SSF. Of course, some members just look for things to get irritated about. :hihi: I don't care one way or another. I just thought that I would put it out there.

I meant to ask this back when all the changes were made to the new site; the arrows that will take you to the top or bottom of the page, could the bottom arrow just take you to the last post of the page instead all the way too the bottom? If there is a reason for that then I'm good with it. I use the arrows and that seems, well, like a first world irritation! Thanks.

Why not a general "Other sports" board to catch soccer, AAF, olympics, golf, whatever?

I like this as the best solution. Not a fan at all of having the Saints Super Forum be about... well, not the Saints.

I get confused easily o_O

That is an interesting alternative idea. :9:

I meant to ask this back when all the changes were made to the new site; the arrows that will take you to the top or bottom of the page, could the bottom arrow just take you to the last post of the page instead all the way too the bottom? If there is a reason for that then I'm good with it. I use the arrows and that seems, well, like a first world irritation! Thanks.

I am guessing that you are being more specific to mobile devices?

What happens there is that all of the items that you see in the sidebar on your Desktop or Laptop are dropped in order to remove the horizontal clutter that you would otherwise have were that not to happen on mobile devices. So unlike with a PC, it's quite a scroll back to the last post when using your iPhone. I noticed it, too. It also bothers me. At the same time, we have ads being served in the sidebar, and they are worthless if not in view. So it is a dilemma for me. Especially being that 63% of our traffic is from mobile, yet mobile is only responsible for 33% of our advertising revenue. That is directly due to the side bar dropping to the bottom in mobile and not many users going there. So I have to give some thought on a better way to organize the ad placements, I guess. That way we can change the landing point of the scroll down arrow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom