Notice, thank you, and a question/poll/pole (1 Viewer)

Should we start an AAF board?

• Yes

Votes: 110 60.1%
  • No

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 41 22.4%

• Total voters
Well, I did like it. :)

Having the labels disappear is fine for those of us that are used to the software, but unfortunately, no so much for the newer members.

I voted separate board. But a single catchall thread on the SSF might work as a starting point.
Like you said, we a have an "I Know We Wave a Pels Board" thread on the EE Board as a catchall for those who are interested.
A similar approach might work for the AAF, then make a separate board if warranted.
The closest team is Birmingham. I guess long-suffering Memphis would be a sentimental favorite for me since I saw Kiik and Czonka play for the Grizzlies back in the day.

I voted YES. I got no dog in the fight, but, it's football and hopefully it will be entertaining. I'm looking at it like NFL Europe. These players get an opportunity to prove themselves all over again.

Voted yes because I would prefer to have the main board focused on the Saints. It's not a strong preference, though.

Would it be possible to wait and see how SSF discussion about the AAF evolves as the first season progresses? If there's just a few threads on it, then a devoted forum would seem like overkill -- it'd be like the Pels board, getting almost no traffic. On the other hand, if the SSF starts getting overwhelmed by AAF topics, then a new forum would seem necessary. I voted "no" because I prefer the "wait and see" approach.

Slightly different topic: anyone watch any of the AFFL videos on Youtube?

I am guessing that you are being more specific to mobile devices?

What happens there is that all of the items that you see in the sidebar on your Desktop or Laptop are dropped in order to remove the horizontal clutter that you would otherwise have were that not to happen on mobile devices. So unlike with a PC, it's quite a scroll back to the last post when using your iPhone. I noticed it, too. It also bothers me. At the same time, we have ads being served in the sidebar, and they are worthless if not in view. So it is a dilemma for me. Especially being that 63% of our traffic is from mobile, yet mobile is only responsible for 33% of our advertising revenue. That is directly due to the side bar dropping to the bottom in mobile and not many users going there. So I have to give some thought on a better way to organize the ad placements, I guess. That way we can change the landing point of the scroll down arrow.
Thanks for the explanation and yes it's on my phone. Appreciate all your hard work on the best Saints site in the world!

Are you going back to a one click “New Posts”? Right now it takes two and that’s too much work for me ?

My opinion for now is to wait and keep it on the Super Forum. If it gets to be too much then it could be moved, but it may give the board some content other than the usual Offseason downtime on this board. It may create some interest for more members other than just the people who will follow it, and are locked away in their own little place.

One minor unrelated thing Andrus about the stories on the home page. Would it be possible to get links on the home page for the "full story" with each story that's listed on the home page? As it is now you have to click on either the title of the article or "continue" which brings you to yet another SR page before you can get to the link for the full story. Hope that makes sense.

I actually came to the SSF this morning looking for any new threads on AAF. I'm going to be watching the premiere game tonight, so I'm definitely for an AAF board.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom