Just wondering since most of you
are affiliated with the SEC.
An outsiders opinion usually leads
to a more accurate poll.

I'm a Mountaineer alum so my vote
goes to the Eers. :)

Thanks fellas,
BSL

Louisville is capable of beating good, maybe even some great teams...but this Louisville team has not played the same, even since Brohm came back. Now, you may credit that to rustiness, lingering injury effects, or whatever else...but I see WVU winning this game by 1-2 scores.

2 cents.

I think WVU wins a close one by running for tons of yards. This has pretty much been the story of their season; why should it change now?

For those of you who follow CFB.
Who wins next Thursday night?
Just wondering since most of you
are affiliated with the SEC.
An outsiders opinion usually leads
to a more accurate poll.

I'm a Mountaineer alum so my vote
goes to the Eers. :)

Thanks fellas,
BSL

I'll be at the game Thursday. Should be a great game. I will be pulling for your Mountaineers. I think WVU is playing much better than Louisville and think they will run all over them.

I'll say 34-21 WVU

The teams from the Big Least don't deserve to be apart of BCS anymore since Miami and Virgina Tech left. I think its a crime that West Virgina would be able to walk into the Championship game with that crappy schedule of theirs.

The teams from the Big Least don't deserve to be apart of BCS anymore since Miami and Virgina Tech left. I think its a crime that West Virgina would be able to walk into the Championship game with that crappy schedule of theirs.
Well, WVU did schedule Maryland (6-2 record) from the ACC, and beat them easily. They also scheduled Miss. St. from the SEC...and yes you can say how bad MSU is, but did people know that 2-4 years ago when the game was scheduled?

Oh, and speaking of Miami...you mean the same Miami team that Louisville romped by 24 points this season...without Michael Bush, and without Brohm for most of the game?

Every team has ups and downs, so does every conference. The Big East is getting great exposure in print and television, and as teams leave others have to step up. WVU, Louisville, Pitt, Rutgers, etc are only setting the stage for continued success I believe.

The real teams exposed this season? Miami and Virginia Tech.

West Virginia beat:
Marshall, E Washington, Maryland, E Carolina, Miss St, Syracuse, and UConn. Combined record 23-36

West Virginia earned my respect when they beat the SEC Champs last year. They are for real.

West Virginia beat:
Marshall, E Washington, Maryland, E Carolina, Miss St, Syracuse, and UConn. Combined record 23-36
What's your point? That they scheduled Marshall E. Washington, MSU? OK, sure they did, and so far their opponents record is 23-36

Did you see the record of their remaining 5 opponents? 31-9. Meaning their overall opponents record at this point is 59-45. What is your complaint regarding competition then, that all future games are against "weak" Big East opponents? What if they win those games? Are they legit then? Or what if they lose to Rutgers or Louisville? Then what, does that take away from Rutgers and Louisville all of a sudden? I'd like to hear your justification on that.

Are you aware that Miami has 5 wins...4 of those wins are against FAMU, UNC, FIU, and Duke. Do you know the combined records of those 4 teams? 6-26! Want to know why it is even that good? Because FAMU, a 1-AA team, is 5-3. The other 3 were 1-23! The one other 1A team they beat? Houston, from C-USA, which they squeaked past by a single point. So please, let's not play the records game...it doesn't mean a lick in this case. Same with VaTech who has beaten 3 teams with a combined 4 wins, and in their case Northeastern had 3 of those wins. Teams have easy games, and teams have hard games. Your stats are skewed (purposely I am sure).

At what point does the Big East become legit? You can make stats say anything you want, so can I.

What does Miami have to do with West Virgina? Regardless West Virgina has a cupcake schedule and has played absolutely no one until this Thursday. And I really don't consider Louisville and Rutgers top competition. After those 3 play each other they will be lucky if one of them is still in the top ten.

Oh and they beat Georgia last year. What was the score like 38-35? Remember that was last year and IMO Georgia got lucky against LSU in the SEC championship game anyway. LSU goes on the beat the mess out of Miami and Georgia loses by a field goal.

The Big Least will never be legit conference imo unless they start to schedule tougher non conference competition. Its not like they have to go through a gauntlet of tough teams like those in the SEC have to.

You stated since Miami and VaTech left that the Big East is deserved of nothing, indicating the conference was something before they left...I'm merely pointing out that the teams in the Big East are as good, or better, right now than those who left.

I have no bias in this, I'm not a West Virginia, Louisville, or any other fan of a Big East team...but to say they don't deserve a bid to the BCS after the records and wins they are putting up, I find that hard to believe.

I can beat up on the mentally challenged kids in the neighborhood; doesn't mean I can challenge for the Ultimate Fighting Championship title.

No, it doesn't...but doesn't every conference have their own mentally challenged kids to beat? How are Syracuse and UCONN any different from Duke, UNC, Illinois, Stanford, Iowa St, Mississippi St, etc? What is the difference?

I'm going to guess judging by your previous posts that you are an SEC fan, or at least an LSU fan. If you are trying to say the SEC is a better conference from top to bottom, then in most years I don't think you get too many arguments. But how are the bottom-dwellers of one conference so much worse than the bottom-dwellers of another? Does the fact that Louisville and West Virginia beat Syracuse or UCONN mean less than wins over all the other teams mentioned above?

Does that mean the Big East is automatically weaker than the ACC, Pac-10, Big 10, etc? I'm not trying to argue that the Big East can consistently beat the top SEC or Big 10 team, but I certainly think you get a competitive game...and certainly think the Big East right now is deserving of a bid.

Oh and they beat Georgia last year. What was the score like 38-35?
Yeah, it was 38-35, the Big East champs beat the SEC Champs.

Remember that was last year

Yeah it was last year. But it still shows that the program is legitimate.

IMO Georgia got lucky against LSU in the SEC championship game anyway. LSU goes on the beat the mess out of Miami and Georgia loses by a field goal.
Georgia got lucky? They won that game by 20 points, and held LSU to 230 total yards. Georgia's defense dominated LSU - I think they had 2 scores in that game.
And so what if LSU beat Miami in the Chik-fil-a bowl? Beating Miami in a second-tier or third-tier bowl doesn;t mean crap anymore. Plus, it has absolutely nothing to do with West Virginia beating the SEC champs in a BCS bowl.

The Big Least will never be legit conference imo unless they start to schedule tougher non conference competition. Its not like they have to go through a gauntlet of tough teams like those in the SEC have to.

In the Big East's favor - 3 of the 8 teams are ranked, with one more (Pitt) getting votes. That means roughly 40% of their conference is ranked and half are receiving votes in the top 25 poll. 25% of the Big East Conference is ranked in the top 5 - that is pretty impressive.
Compare that to the SEC. The SEC has no one in the top 5 right now. They have 5 teams ranked, which is a little above 40%, and they have 6 teams receiving votes - 50%, just like the Big East.

The Big 12 has one team in the top 5, 3 teams ranked (25%), 6 teams receiving votes (50%).

The Big 10 has two teams in the top 5, 3 teams ranked (27%), 4 teams receiving votes (36%).

The ACC has no teams in the top 5, 5 teams ranked (41%), 6 teams receiving votes (50%).

The PAc 10 has no teams in the top 5, 4 teams ranked (40%), 5 teams receiving votes (50%).

From those numbers, I think the Big East is faring fairly well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom