Nov 2nd WVU at Louisville (1 Viewer)

Who's gonna win?

• WVU

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • UofL

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Has any team from the Big East actually played anyone besides Louisville? I know they beat the mess out of the U but as far as the other teams go I can't say they have played anyone.

Sure they are ranked high now but in a couple of weeks no one will be talking about any of the teams from the Big East because they certainly are not going to be undefeated anymore. When they play each other all of them will go down to one another.

With that said I can see why people aren't giving them any respect and I can agree to some point. Anyway, I personally hope the Louisville beats the stuffing out of West Virgina and goes undefeated straight to the BCS title game.

Big East hasn;t matched up against the Pac-10 this season

They are 3-3 v. the Big 10
1-1 v. the Big 12
2-0 v. the SEC
5-3 v. the ACC

But you are right in that they don;t really have a signature win or anything this year.

This game stinks. Its like the recent Rose Bowl - no defense.
7 plays - TD
6 plays - TD
8 plays - TD
etc.
etc.

Who the hell cares?

LOL @ West Virgina being beat down. For the record, I wouldn't have any problem with Louisville showing up in the National Championship game.

Both teams looked solid on O but their D's are jokes.

There is no reason they should be ahead of a BigXII or SEC 1-loss team

I've never really been a fan of the expression "beat the mess out of ______."

:shrug:

I knew that West Virgina was overrated. When they played some real competition they couldn't even stop them. Although I must admit that wacked rushing attack they have is pretty good. Too bad they can't stop anybody from scoring though.

I'm going to predict that Louisville will wipe the floor with also overrated Rutgers. Louisville should be in a BCS game.

I would be more willing to let an undefeated West Virginia play for the Championship than an undefeated Louisville. Reason being last year. I mean at least West Virginia won a HUGE game against a BCS conference champ. And I know it was last year, but there is no problem in carryover IMO.

Louisville hasn;t beaten anyone from the top half of BCS conference (not including the Big East) since 2002 - and that win was against a Fla. St. team that ended up with 5 loses. That's pitiful.

Last edited:
I would be more willing to let an undefeated West Virginia play for the Championship than an undefeated Louisville. Reason being last year. I mean at least West Virginia won a HUGE game against a BCS conference champ. And I know it was last year, but there is no problem in carryover IMO.

Louisville hasn;t beaten anyone from the top half of BCS conference (not including the Big East) since 2002 - and that win was against a Fla. St. team that ended up with 5 loses. That's pitiful.

True, as of today, but when they played Miami back in September, Miami was #17, and lots of people were still expecting Miami to be a contender in the ACC this year. Miami hasn't been the same team since that 31-7 drubbing .

That's a good point. But I just say that Miami looked pathetic against Florida St. before their game with Louisville.

Yeah, Miami definitely isn't Miami right now, but we didn't know that then when they played Florida State or Louisville. In fact, #11 FSU vs. #12 Miami was just thought to be close because they were 2 good teams. Now we can see it was close because they were 2 really mediocre teams.

Rutgers at least has a more balanced attack and while not a great defense, one that is 10x better than West Virginia. That being said, Louisville should take that game, but you never know...the thing with Rutgers is they can control the clock with Leonard and Rice, and keep Brohm and company off the field. Should be another good Thursday night matchup.

The only team West Virgina beat was Georgia and that was by a field goal. If you wanted undefeated West Virginia in the NC game then you should also feel the same way for Louisville since they are from the same conference and would also be undefeated.

I personally wouldn't like to see either in the game although I said differently last night.

Yeah, Miami definitely isn't Miami right now, but we didn't know that then when they played Florida State or Louisville. In fact, #11 FSU vs. #12 Miami was just thought to be close because they were 2 good teams. Now we can see it was close because they were 2 really mediocre teams.

I thought you were saying that Miami isn;t that good, in part because Louisville beat up on them so much - the Louisville game made them lose confidence, doubt themselves, etc.

Anyway - if they go undefeated they certainly deserve to go there - the players did everything that was asked of them. I just have a feeling a lot of these one loss teams in the top 10 would get by Louisville fairly easily.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom