Now is the winter of our discontent (1 Viewer)

I don't think the Falcons are going to the Super Bowl but they are definitely legit. I don't expect a mid-season collapse as in years past.

I think the Vikings have a great chance of going to the Super Bowl this year--they may finally win it! That would be amazing--they lose both AP and Bridgewater and are having their best season in years. Living in Minneapolis makes me envious! I so badly want us to turn our season around.

Why cape for the Vikings having success when their complaining and refusal to accept their L in the 2009 NFC Title Game led to the Bountygate BS, which ultimately ruined the Payton-Brees era (wasted season in 2012, Payton not being the same as he once was since his return, etc.)? :jpshakehead:

Why cape for the Vikings having success when their complaining and refusal to accept their L in the 2009 NFC Title Game led to the Bountygate BS, which ultimately ruined the Payton-Brees era (wasted season in 2012, Payton not being the same as he once was since his return, etc.)? :jpshakehead:

Wasn't it a Saints employee in Mike Cerullo that told the league? And I think Farve defended the Saints when Bountygate started.
And if the league wasn't facing a billion dollar lawsuit over concussion, the punishment wouldn't have been that severe.
It was just wrong place at the wrong time.

bf316383233043d8941ebd3e80635e84.jpg

Wasn't it a Saints employee in Mike Cerullo that told the league? And I think Farve defended the Saints when Bountygate started.
And if the league wasn't facing a billion dollar lawsuit over concussion, the punishment wouldn't have been that severe.
It was just wrong place at the wrong time.

Although Favre made no issue of it, several players and Brad Childress (as well as several in the media) continued to force the narrative well after the game of the Saints being "dirty cheaters" who "purposely injured" Favre and were looking for ANYTHING that could stick to ruin the Saints reputation. Factor in the former Falcons employee/P.O.S. Cerullo with a grudge after being justifiably fired by the Saints and the NFL looking to cover their behinds regarding the CTE/concussions lawsuits, and it was the perfect recipe for disaster that was served to the Saints. :jpshakehead:

Cowboys, Falcons, and Vikings look legit, while the Saints are a hot mess. :no:

Just stopping by to point out that if "Now is the winter of our discontent", then the sad times are just about over.

That line is in reference to the end of sorrow and oppression... so in a way, you are right because we are entering the "glorious summer" of the inevitable choke of those teams, and our progression to the top of the NFC South.

I love your optimism!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom