Now My PS3 Broke (1 Viewer)

Yeti

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Now My PS3 Broke---Upadated 07/26/2009---Broken Again!

And Amazon won't give me a refund only store credit. I would have exchanged it but I already went out and bought a new one @ Wal-Mart yesterday. At least if the new one breaks I can bring the crap back and get a new one the same day.

Stupid crap won't load any discs. I was playing Assassins Creed yesterday and while playing it it said please load disc. I thought it was just a glitch or something but when I ejected it and put it back in it wouldn't work at all. I tried movies other games everything! Needless to say I'm ****** about this whole situation.

So basically I got an $800 hole in my pocket...

^OLD^

Last edited:
I had the same problem.
I rang Sony and they gave me a refurbished one free which has worked perfectly fine.
It was with me in 3 days.
Was there no way you could have done that?

I had the same problem.
I rang Sony and they gave me a refurbished one free which has worked perfectly fine.

I'll just try that. I'll call them tomorrow!

Return the one you bought at Wal-Mart.

yep get the exchanged one from amazon, then return the one to wal-mart, you're back to just the $400 hole in the pocket.

noone to be mad at for going out and buying another one, while it's under warranty.

I had the same problem.

no way it was that easy.....only the great microsoft can provide customer service on that level

:hihi:

How long is your warrenty? A year? Longer?

I would think that issue with a broken PS3 would dealt with directly with sony. Unless you buy some time of extened warrenty with the retailer, usually they don't have anything to do with hardware failures after 30 or 90 days.

And Amazon won't give me a refund only store credit. I would have exchanged it but I already went out and bought a new one @ Wal-Mart yesterday. At least if the new one breaks I can bring the crap back and get a new one the same day.

Stupid crap won't load any discs. I was playing Assassins Creed yesterday and while playing it it said please load disc. I thought it was just a glitch or something but when I ejected it and put it back in it wouldn't work at all. I tried movies other games everything! Needless to say I'm ****** about this whole situation.

So basically I got an $800 hole in my pocket...

not telling you what to do or how to get around stuff.... but if it was me i would pack up the one that broke in the box you got from wal mart and return the broken one to wal mart. them eating $400 is nothing compared to you eating $400. its wrong but works.

not telling you what to do or how to get around stuff.... but if it was me i would pack up the one that broke in the box you got from wal mart and return the broken one to wal mart. them eating $400 is nothing compared to you eating $400. its wrong but works.
Serial number on box and serial number on console would not match, thus this idea would not work.

Yup I already tried that and they did check the serials. I just told them I put the new one in the broken one's box. I should have switched the serial numbers. All I had to do is heat up the labels with a hair dryer and switch them...

Anyway, Amazon is shipping me out a new one today and Wal-Mart said they would refund me my money. So all is good. :)

Yup I already tried that and they did check the serials. I just told them I put the new one in the broken one's box. I should have switched the serial numbers. All I had to do is heat up the labels with a hair dryer and switch them...

Anyway, Amazon is shipping me out a new one today and Wal-Mart said they would refund me my money. So all is good. :)

glad it worked out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom