Now that Jeremy Shockey's value has lowered (1 Viewer)

The guy is from "THE U" right....

no thanks

I don't really have a personal like or don't like of him... good talent, but from what I have heard before he is not a team player, a negative loud mouth, a what's in it for me type guy, and frankly he could of been on the sidelines (don't give me this broken leg stuff) but chose not to, tells me alot there as well, and it is interesting how the team performed BETTER when he was out of the lineup. They can keep him or maybe the Raiders would like him... ;)

Last edited:
I'd have to go with "no" also. I still see that ball hitting him in the back of his helmet on that simple curl route and Eli with that totally dumbfounded look on his face (even more than his usual dumbfounded look).

the question that you should be asking is why do people "hate" him? then you would get your answer.
Randy Moss had very questionable character and all he needed were the right people around him.

Same could be said for Shockey. Brees still doesn't have that big TE he likes.

The guy is from "THE U" right....

no thanks.
Is today "ignorant statement" day? That has nothing to do with anything.

Randy Moss had very questionable character and all he needed were the right people around him.

Same could be said for Shockey. Brees still doesn't have that big TE he likes.

Is today "ignorant statement" day? That has nothing to do with anything.

OK, first see my add on, second, the stigma of why MIAMI UNIVERSITY players are thugs, bums, creeps, etc is all rolled up into Jeremy Shockey and that other "Sol-ja" from the Browns.

HE IS NOT TALENTED ENOUGH TO OVERSHADOW HIS NEGATIVES!!!

Oh and Rich, I'll let that "ignorant statement" crack take a pass since I am feeling religious today being Ash Wednesday and all... :)

Last edited:
OK, first see my add on, second, the stigma of why MIAMI UNIVERSITY players are thugs, bums, creeps, etc is all rolled up into Jeremy Shockey and that other "Sol-ja" from the Browns.

HE IS NOT TALENTED ENOUGH TO OVERSHADOW HIS NEGATIVES!!!

Oh and Rich, I'll let that "ignorant statement" crack take a pass since I am feeling religious today being Ash Wednesday and all... :)
From the add on, you described Randy Moss. I think his talent can overshadow the negative.

Also, I meant nothing towards you, just the post.

Saint Droopy's post should be enough right there. Talent aside, he's not worth the trouble. I don't care if other troubled players have turned their attitudes and careers around. I don't want Drew or Sean having to babysit this guy. They have enough to deal with and don't need to wipe his behind and his tears.

You don't even show up for the peerade? Come on. What kind of person does that? I don't care what his personal feelings are. This is a team sport and you must think team first. He apparently does not.

I really have to wonder what the huddle was like with Shockey and Tiki in there. Tiki goes and the running game is still very functional. Shockey goes and they go on a tear. I heard rumors about how much jawjacking that Tiki and Shockey did over Eli which had to have been a distraction in the huddle. Does the absence of these two really change the team and Eli into a more focused, positive squad?

Last edited:
Look, I'm all for upgrading the talent level on both sides of the ball... On pure talent level alone, Shockey would be an upgrade for us.

HOWEVER, sitting in a suite while the Giants play in the Super Bowl speaks volumes about how he envisions his role within a team. There were other injured/inactive players on the Giants squad who still stood on the sideline with the rest of their teammates.

Yes, Randy Moss became a "team player" once he went to the Patriots, but they were also winning... he was a team player with Minnesota when they were winning as well. It was only when they were losing did you hear him make comments like playing when he wants to or walking off the field against Washington before the game was over.

Shockey has the potential to be a time bomb in the Saints locker room when things don't go right (i.e. imagine what kinds of interviews he would have given during the 4-game losing streak to begin the 2007 season).

I do think Payton and Brees would have the personalities to corral him, but he appears to be too high a maintence player to justify the level of production you may or may not get out of him, due to his injury history.

I'd much rather a player along the lines of a Dallas Clark or Jason Witten -comparable talent w/o the prima donna public persona.

Look, I'm all for upgrading the talent level on both sides of the ball... On pure talent level alone, Shockey would be an upgrade for us.

HOWEVER, sitting in a suite while the Giants play in the Super Bowl speaks volumes about how he envisions his role within a team. There were other injured/inactive players on the Giants squad who still stood on the sideline with the rest of their teammates.

Yes, Randy Moss became a "team player" once he went to the Patriots, but they were also winning... he was a team player with Minnesota when they were winning as well. It was only when they were losing did you hear him make comments like playing when he wants to or walking off the field against Washington before the game was over.

Shockey has the potential to be a time bomb in the Saints locker room when things don't go right (i.e. imagine what kinds of interviews he would have given during the 4-game losing streak to begin the 2007 season).

I do think Payton and Brees would have the personalities to corral him, but he appears to be too high a maintence player to justify the level of production you may or may not get out of him, due to his injury history.

I'd much rather a player along the lines of a Dallas Clark or Jason Witten -comparable talent w/o the prima donna public persona.

I'd take Jason Witten in a heartbeat over Shock... Heck I could name 4 or 5 others I'd take over Shock... Heap, Gates, Washington TE (Cooley?), Tony Gonzalez, Ben Watson, there are more I would take... running on empty in the TE memorization zone right now... :rolleyes:

Question, If you could have Witten or Gates for a 1st rounder or Shockey for a 3rd what would you do?

Well, it's really a moot point, because Witten isn't going anywhere, and Indy will probably franchise Clark.

I don't like trading draft picks for veteran players. Blame it on being see Bum Phillips do it to often for the likes of Richard Todd and a washed up Earl Campbell.

Trading down and acquiring a vet while still keeping a pick in that round doesn't bother me too much, but giving up a pick -particularly a high one- means you are essentially trading a younger, cheaper player for a short term fix.

I'd rather us find out own Witten, Gates, Heap, Cooley. etc. in the draft -which is why I was so high on Greg Olsen last year.

Hit them in the draft of FA, not as a trade for a high, day 1 draft pick.

Another no vote from me.

Shockley besides being a locker room problem, and injury prone, is also a very inconsistent worker, who prefers to stay away from voluntary practices. Eli and the coaches has tried for years to make Shockley join the voluntary off-season QB - receiver workouts.

I am more worried about the money that it will require to resign him once we trade for him.

Better question would be.....how many people honestly believe that the team WOULD sign Shockey.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom