Now that Jeremy Shockey's value has lowered (1 Viewer)

No Shockey please.

I'd rather Chad Johnson by far.

J-Shock had the opportunity to join his team... he could have been on the sidelines rooting his guys on... offering a "third eye" for his TE brothers... he decided to sit in the booth and drink beer... I don't think that's the kind o teammate I'd want..

Dude had a broken leg.

Kind of hard to see the game sitting on the bench the whole night.

Give him a break (no pun intended)

Saints fans are the most desperate people I've ever been associated with, but I still love you guys.

I mean come on. This guy is a proven cancer. We can do better.

No Shockey, No thanks. He almost skipped the SB for T.O.'s party. Lame. Our TE's drop a lot of balls but they aren't a complete distraction.

I question if he'd even be a noticeable upgrade to Billy Miller - seriously.

Would you trade for him?

I propose a simple swap:

Trade our 3rd round pick #78 for thier 3rd rounder #94.

Giants are going to trade Shockey to move up 16 spots in the 3rd round? His value isn't quite that low.

Locker room cancer. Funny how they went on their tear when he went out, huh?

I'll see your locker room cancer and raise you an onfield cancer. This guy doesn't even wait to get to the locker room to start becoming a walking hissy fit......many times he doesn't even wait for a play to end.

To what degree Shockey is a distraction or cancer in the locker room is speculative, but what we do know for certain is that Shockey can't seem to stay on the field due to injuries.

<sup></sup> New Orleans traded their first fourth-round selection (123rd overall, used to select Fred Bennett) and their last fifth-round selection (163rd overall, used to select Brandon Frye) to Houston for their fourth-round selection (107th overall, used to select Antonio Pittman).

<table id="sortable_table_id_4" class="wikitable sortable sortable" style="width: 100%;"><tbody><tr class="even"><td align="center">153</td><td>New York Giants</td><td>Boss, KevinKevin Boss</td><td>Tight end</td><td>Western Oregon
</td></tr></tbody></table>

I would take Shockey. I think his value has been lowered, although I doubt we could execute a trade for him in which we get a pick in the same round in return. I actually believe that he wouldn't garner more than a fourth rounder at this point. I would do it because he is still an excellent receiving TE and is a better blocker than most give him credit for; he's certainly more adept at blocking than either Billy Miller or Eric Johnson. Also, he raves about Sean Payton and the mentoring Payton provided him his rookie season as a coach. I think he would come and play hard for Payton. I would do it.

One of the biggest problems with Shockey in New York is that he and Tiki, being the veterans "welcoming" in the rookie, wouldn't let Manning take control of team, would intimidate him when they weren't getting the ball or when things weren't going so well. They took a kid just entering the league and bullied him, making his life a hell. Without them, Eli was able to be the leader with no opposition and did well.

Drew Brees is already the clear-cut leader on this team and he would not put up with anyone impinging on that. Nor would the rest of the team. So I'm not really worried about that being an issue.

I just don't think TE is a huge need. I like Billy Miller just fine.

I wouldn't want him personally. I'm not sure what he's like in the locker room but on the field he makes a big fuss when he feels he's open and Eli throws elsewhere. Moreover he likes to complain a bit too much to the media and he stays in Miami during "optional" training camp time.

Plus, as others say gets hurt a way too often.

Not a big deal to have him, not worth the "drama". Just say no to Shockey :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom