Now that the draft is over, Who is your early pick for camp beast? (2 Viewers)

It can be a rookie or anyone who hasnt had their comeuppance yet. I got Adam Trautman.
Y’all tried to sneak this one in
No. There are very precise limits to “Camp Beast”

again:
1st let's remember the guidelines and ground rules for "Beast"

1. "underdog" - has to be a day 3 draftee or UDFA
2. new - either rookie or 1st year with Saints (but no more than 3yr vet) - exception made for Practice Squad/Futures players )Alex Jenkins is eligible)
3. outside looking in - 7th-10 WR in camp; 6th-9th LB, etc - so not expected to make team when camp starts
-- 1-3 are musts -- 4&5 are gravy
4. atypical - smaller or bigger, slower or faster than is typical for that position
5. extraordinary story - parents were Latvian circus performers, little sister was abducted by Star Trek fans

3rd rd draftees can't count as camp beast

I don't know anything about UDFA LB Shaq Smith, but I hope he becomes the camp beast and makes the team. I would love to hear "Shaq attack" all day on Sunday.

On Offense - UDFA TE Dylan Soehner - he’s massive and has decent hands.

On Defense - 3rd rounder CB Paulson Adebo - fingers crossed, he has great instincts and hands, hopefully he dominates every WR in training camp not named CGM

I am not high enough on any of the picks to choose one, but Adebo and Williams will probably look the best due to all the ints in practice from Jameis, Taysom and Book.
on second thought I may go with WR Baker a non drafted player which tells you what I think of this draft class.

My initial pick for camp beast, turned regular season starter and immediate impact is Baker. The Saints best and most exciting offenses were when we had a true Z WR that could take the top off a defense and provide the "shot" plays that SP's offenses are known for. We haven't seen those plays in years and really MT hasn't been able to benefit from that in quite a while.

Baker's impact as the Z WR will be evident from day 1 and SP will be able open his playbook back up.

Again, "camp beast" is for late round picks and UDFA. Basically a "underdog".
I’m gonna drop a few names in... 2 on offense and 1 on defense.

Offense... I’m gonna go with Stevie Scott and Alex Armah. Armah is a vet FA pickup, but he was an UDFA and I think his physicality is going to shine in TC.
Scott is a big power RB and I think he’s going to flash as well.

Defense... Chase Hansen. Hansen is healthy and there’s been some low-key buzz about him possibly challenging for a bigger role.

Adebeaux!

For those that feel he doesn’t qualify as a Camp Beast candidate, I’m pulling for Alex Hoffman, OT, Carrol College. May he follow in the footsteps of our Bloomsburg and Arkansas-Pine Bluff success stories.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom