now that we are 10,897,320 under the cap (1 Viewer)

asomugha, butler, jean-francois, barwin, and reed please :D

move harper to olb, start IAQ at SS, bring in namdi, sign a free agent LT or draft one. draft best defensive player on the board, try to find another WR. offseason winners

so if someone like the cards takes ivory we get a second round pick or how does that work? they could just draft a rb in the 2nd then so y would they do it?

they would do it because they know what they are getting in Ivory he has NFL experience and can perform. if they would draft someone they have Zero guarantee how they will play. and if they pick him up its as if they are trading for him by giving us their second rounder and getting a good player for it. its a weird system and i could be not exactly correct but thats how i understand it. also we wouldn't have to pay his salary obviously so we would get cap space and a second rounder which we are in dire need of. plus plus for us. and they get a good player in the deal.

move harper to olb, start IAQ at SS, bring in namdi, sign a free agent LT or draft one. draft best defensive player on the board, try to find another WR. offseason winners

You are kidding right? harper is a good SS last year should have no effect on anyone views of him or any player on our defense. Spags used players to try and fit square pieces in round holes and not play them to their strengths. same thing that happened to the "dream team" in Philly i will bet you anything that harper becomes a very productive player in RRs defense IAQ is a decent player but deff not a starter. so no thanks on that one. seriously move Harper to OLB? maybe on nickel formations where he would be covering a TE but he wouldn't be a OLB no thanks. HE is a blitzing SS and a damn good one! yes we do need to sign a LT and he is Jake Long from Miami he is a perfect fit and wouldn't let anyone touch Brees kinda reminds me of Kyle Turley. Long is a top 3 LT in the league and we have the money to make it happen and i see it happening VERY VERY SOON!

will smiths salary was 9 mil now its 3mil his cap figure was 13.9 now its 8.5.
Vilmas salary was 4.8 now its 1 mil and his cap figure was 8.63 now its at 3.83.

actually i'm pretty sure it factors in Galettes new contract and also factors in DLP and Ivorys so when one of them gets traded and im guessing ivory goes to the cards we get 2 mil in space and a second rounder and if for some reason the bears decide to take DLP we also save his cap figure which would make us around 14 mil give or take plus two second rounders. which would be enough to sign two top FA just like i said in the OP plus we still have other things to open up space some where around 5- 10 mil we will open up and sign our rookies and UDFAs with.

Your getting the $10M off of overthecap.com. Instead of telling me I'm wrong why didn't you just go look? I hope you get red thumbed for laziness! Keep believing what you want and continue to deliver uninformed thoughts.

Yeah, let's lose our very good and cheap center to replace him with a guy who cost more? Not so good but makes 500k less?:covri:

Your getting the $10M off of overthecap.com. Instead of telling me I'm wrong why didn't you just go look? I hope you get red thumbed for laziness! Keep believing what you want and continue to deliver uninformed thoughts.

Yeah, let's lose our very good and cheap center to replace him with a guy who cost more? Not so good but makes 500k less?:covri:

So your saying if the bears decide to make an offer for DLP and we get a second rounder out of the deal plus 2 mil extra in cap space, you wouldn't take it? That would instantly give us the opportunity to draft Barrett Jones from bama and BOOM there is our center for the next 10 years and would be an upgrade from a guy who is playing between the best guard duo in the league and still gets blown up in the middle? if you wouldn't do that i'm sorry but i wouldn't want to hear what else u have in mind.

Namdi blows in man coverage....... why do people want him?

so rounded up 11mil. hmmm. Rookies are about 4-5mil am i right? I can see us definitely signing an OT like Butler or Loadholt. They're both quite cheap, and could probably do a good job. Then it would be great to at least squeeze in a corner. I'm just not sure who it should be. There's loads of stuff to do though, but i'm pretty sure Loomis is used to power napping so he'll be okay.

E: Ok I like Cox. (that sounds so wrong when i say it out loud)

Troy Miller&#8207;<s>@</s>TheTroyMiller
The New Orleans Saints are looking to trade RFA RB Chris Ivory for a mid to late round selection. Denver should be interested. <s>#</s>NFL

Saw this coming... no sense having him rot on our bench if the team feels strongly about Ingram. Get SOMETHING for him to help.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom