now that we are 10,897,320 under the cap (1 Viewer)

captaustin

free agent!
Reaction score
We need to make some moves before its too late!

First and foremost JAKE LONG needs to be signed he would take the money we would have payed Bushrod plus 1-1.5 more and become our LT for many years and give us one of the best O lines in the league!

We still have a few more things to work out to give us more space and I have nothing but faith and trust in Mickey and sean. I would like to see us Sign at least one more big name other than LONG that will be either Namdi or Jennings both the CB and the WR position need upgrading and i see it happening! LETS go LOOMIS and always GEAUX SAINTS!

That's great.....but what about Harper? What's the deal with him? I thought he would be cut. Anyone have any news on Harper? Can he play safety?

So you think we get Long and Ndami in our current cap situation? This, while signing all our drafted players and trying to resign Jimmy Graham? Glad you aren't the GM. I bet you go to the check out line with 20 ribeye steaks and lobster tails with $5 in your bank account and don't understand why you Sony have enough money. You have a lot to learn about the football business.

How did u get this number for our current cap room? Thanks, i was looking for an official #.

Nnamdi is an awful fit.

???????? Huh? His best years were in this system under this DC. How is he a awful fit?

nmamdi is a great fit, he was a beast at oakland in bump and run then the eagles put him in cover 2 and nickel, it takes away his strengths, thats like moving wes welker from the slot to wideout and saying he sucks now.

Yes harper can play safety and he will do great! year before last he was ranked as the top blitzing safety in the league. Everyone needs to understand that Spags was a HORRIBLE DC he never used players strengths he just tried to make them fit into his scheme and thats not how football works. Harper will be Back blitzing and covering TEs and RBs out of the back field like he is good at and Rob Ryan is great as using players to their strengths. Spags had MJ blitzing 3 times to Harpers 1 and asking Harper to cover #1 WR man up and he's just not fast enough to do it. Spags had their roles reversed, and i believe we will see a huge change in the productivity in our defense if we make a few key moves.

Yes i understand our cap situation very well obviously you don't. Every year we go into panic mode thinking we don't have any money to spend and everyone freaks out but the funny thing is, we always have enough money to make aggressive moves and this year will be no different. There are still moves we can make to make cap room, and we will do it. We have glaring holes at a Top CB and a great #2 receiver to take pressure off Colston and Graham. We may be able to draft a CB that could be that guy but i don't see it happening and i don't see any awesome WR in this draft. We have to make a move and we will do it. we have to have a guy that can cover Julio Jones and Vincent Jackson twice a year and not constantly get burned or just out matched. Namdi or Sean Smith or Rodgers- Cromartie, they are those guys and we NEED one. We will have the money to spend if we want it.

As for the most recent cap figure you can check out Over the Cap - NFL salary cap, contracts, and more they update extremely often.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom