now that we are 10,897,320 under the cap (1 Viewer)

.....How is Nnamdi a bad fit? He was arguably better than Revis in Oakland under Rob Ryan as DC..

Namdi would play better here than anywhere else in the country! i completely agree with you. Rob Ryan was his DC in Oakland where he was a top 3 CB and still has it in him to be that! he was used COMPLETELY WRONG ing the Eagles system. Kind of like how Spags did to all of our players and now everyone wants them gone!

I appreciate the support and I believe Namdi would greatly impact our D and give us that guy who can cover Julio Jones and Vincent Jackson twice a year. Thanks again

Thing about rob ryan though is in his 3-4 front he ussualy plays cover 1 bump and run and blitzes ussing both outside linebackers as blitzers and all 3 dline men, asking the SS to man up on the tight end and the FS to play deep zone, while i think jenkins can do this, i dont think harper can, i think IAQ could tho.

To speak on the actual "cap number", I thought I would make a few points regarding the numbers your seeing. Make sure you look for De La Puente ($2M), Ivory ($2M), and Gallette (3 year, $12M). If not included factor in accordingly. The contract for Gillette has not officially been released even though we know the general terms of the deal. The cap space listed in the title of this thread doesn't factor in any of these transactions.

Just deduct about $5M to be a bit more precise. We have enough space to sign our draft picks, and undrafted free agents. Think of it as being "at the cap" currently. Definitely headed in the right direction though.

I'm still confused as to how we're so far under the cap now... Did those restructures help that much??

will smiths salary was 9 mil now its 3mil his cap figure was 13.9 now its 8.5.
Vilmas salary was 4.8 now its 1 mil and his cap figure was 8.63 now its at 3.83.

actually i'm pretty sure it factors in Galettes new contract and also factors in DLP and Ivorys so when one of them gets traded and im guessing ivory goes to the cards we get 2 mil in space and a second rounder and if for some reason the bears decide to take DLP we also save his cap figure which would make us around 14 mil give or take plus two second rounders. which would be enough to sign two top FA just like i said in the OP plus we still have other things to open up space some where around 5- 10 mil we will open up and sign our rookies and UDFAs with.

will smiths salary was 9 mil now its 3mil his cap figure was 13.9 now its 8.5.
Vilmas salary was 4.8 now its 1 mil and his cap figure was 8.63 now its at 3.83.

actually i'm pretty sure it factors in Galettes new contract and also factors in DLP and Ivorys so when one of them gets traded and im guessing ivory goes to the cards we get 2 mil in space and a second rounder and if for some reason the bears decide to take DLP we also save his cap figure which would make us around 14 mil give or take plus two second rounders. which would be enough to sign two top FA just like i said in the OP plus we still have other things to open up space some where around 5- 10 mil we will open up and sign our rookies and UDFAs with.

so if someone like the cards takes ivory we get a second round pick or how does that work? they could just draft a rb in the 2nd then so y would they do it?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom