Now that were playing in London (1 Viewer)

St4ever

Hall-of-Famer
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
and losing a home game I hope the NFL at least does not give us the last pre-season game at home this year. As it stands, mostly backups play anyway and always seems like a waste of attending (due to other time obligations). it seems like our last 2-3 years had us getting this useless game at home.

The NFL has bent over backwards to accomodate the Chargers for this game by giving them a game on the east coast the week before the game in London, after which they will leave to fly to Europe for the game against the Saints, then, after the game they get the bye week to recuperate from the game.

So, what are they doing for the Saints? Are we getting the same consideration? If not, that's not a fair deal. Next, Mr. Benson gets all the money that he would normally get plus travel expenses so that he won't lose any money, but what about the city of New Orleans that desparately needs the money generated by that home game? Does the city just lose out? That too, is not a fair deal. They say that we'll get all this exposure over in London and that will be great for the city, but what about that 80 million or so to help the community get rebuilt to bring back more of it's citizens and even new citizens that will make the economy stronger to support the Saints? How many years of new fans and exposure will it take to recoup that 80 mil? I'm glad that we have Saints fans in London and around the world, but how many of those fans will it take to come here in one year to get back the money the city is losing? Too many, I'd say. I think this is a lose, lose situation for the city and it also takes away the most anticipated game that we fans have been waiting 2 years to see and try to make a difference in against the Chargers.

I'm not saying that we should never go do this, but at this time and at this stage of recovery, I think this is just stupid. I would be more for it in another couple years because the city will not recoup that lost revenue in two years.

The NFL should give the Saints an extra home game per season and at least one Superbowl to help the city recover. Let the largest market opponent lose a home game. If the NFL was smart, they would hype this up as a way of helping out in NO. It would be a win-win for NFL and the city of NO.

Geaux Saints!!!

we need a bye week after this game..otherwise it's BS
giants and dolphins player said they were extremely tired and groggy for weeks after the game due to jet lag

We already have a bye week after the game. it is posted on the saints main web page.

if nothing else they should not have us playing our last pre-season game in the done.

What about the money the STATE OF LOUISIANA pays to the Saints each year. Shouldn't they pay a pro-rated amount this year? 7/8 of the normal payment. The state is getting screwed!!

Hopefully we will have the same situation as the Chargers. We do play the Redskins at the redskins and that is about as far east as our away games get. (Others are Chicago, Detroit, Denver, Kansas City, and of course Carolina, Atlanta and Tampa)

Hopefully we will play in DC then hop across the pond for our date with blimey destiny and then back for a week off. I suppose Carolina could be considered for this scenario as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom