Now this is funny - Coach Payton - QB swipe from the Panthers (1 Viewer)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score

Talks about his "bidding" war for Tommy Stevens. It was Carolina who wanted him.

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Bridgewater/Stevens would've been a poor man's version of Brees/Taysom tandem. Lol Carolina got burned.

NatureBoy

16x World Champion
Reaction score
And the funny thing is that any one of the top 3 QB's on the Saints roster, is probably better than their first. So we sniped Stevens to ice the cake. I'm very excited about the 2020 team. There must be a season.

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That was a fun read.

Let's just say Stevens making the 53 is all but guaranteed. Cannot take a chance with him being on the PS.

He'll be the 4th QB/TE and play special teams. He's not a lock to make the team as a quarterback but he is an an "athlete".

Archie_4_HOF

Northshore Who Dat
Reaction score
I don’t think he will ever play a down as a QB but I believe he will see action this season at TE and special teams.

Saint Lattimore

Hall of Shamer
Reaction score
Watching the Tommy Stevens highlights on YouTube, I saw run the FB/H-Back Wheel route that looked very similar to the route I saw Taysom run a few times last season.
I think he makes the team as a 2nd FB or 4th TE... either or

krundlemoose

Resident Weirdo
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I can already hear the moaning from media types when the Saints carry 4 qbs on the 53 man roster. Dude is gonna carry much more value as an athlete this year but those talking heads wont ever truly grasp that concept.

Saint Lattimore

Hall of Shamer
Reaction score
I can already hear the moaning from media types when the Saints carry 4 qbs on the 53 man roster. Dude is gonna carry much more value as an athlete this year but those talking heads wont ever truly grasp that concept.

...and the Saints will probably list his position (and carry him as) a QB just they did/do with Taysom Hill. The “experts” who have no clue what the Saints are about, will try to roast the Saints for carrying 4 QBs on their roster... when in reality, this kid will play multiple roles for the team.

Corey504

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I wonder if we would've tried to resign teddy if we knew where he was going to sign beforehand. Probably not though.

krundlemoose

Resident Weirdo
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
...and the Saints will probably list his position (and carry him as) a QB just they did/do with Taysom Hill. The “experts” who have no clue what the Saints are about, will try to roast the Saints for carrying 4 QBs on their roster... when in reality, this kid will play multiple roles for the team.
My point exactly, but put into much better words.

J.T.

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
San Francisco, via La Place, via Galliano, via Mon
55 man roster rather than 53 makes this happen.

I think it is technically still a 53 man "roster" with 2 players brought up from the practice squad each week. Then they revert back to the practice squad after the game. Kind of a strange way to do it. I suspect even more "games" being done with the practice squad.

whosyadaddy

Bleed Black & Gold
Reaction score
Sean Payton telling Rhule and Brady...You want some?
spgiphy.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom