Now this is funny - Coach Payton - QB swipe from the Panthers (1 Viewer)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score

Talks about his "bidding" war for Tommy Stevens. It was Carolina who wanted him.

Bridgewater/Stevens would've been a poor man's version of Brees/Taysom tandem. Lol Carolina got burned.

And the funny thing is that any one of the top 3 QB's on the Saints roster, is probably better than their first. So we sniped Stevens to ice the cake. I'm very excited about the 2020 team. There must be a season.

I don’t think he will ever play a down as a QB but I believe he will see action this season at TE and special teams.

Watching the Tommy Stevens highlights on YouTube, I saw run the FB/H-Back Wheel route that looked very similar to the route I saw Taysom run a few times last season.
I think he makes the team as a 2nd FB or 4th TE... either or

I can already hear the moaning from media types when the Saints carry 4 qbs on the 53 man roster. Dude is gonna carry much more value as an athlete this year but those talking heads wont ever truly grasp that concept.

I can already hear the moaning from media types when the Saints carry 4 qbs on the 53 man roster. Dude is gonna carry much more value as an athlete this year but those talking heads wont ever truly grasp that concept.

...and the Saints will probably list his position (and carry him as) a QB just they did/do with Taysom Hill. The “experts” who have no clue what the Saints are about, will try to roast the Saints for carrying 4 QBs on their roster... when in reality, this kid will play multiple roles for the team.

...and the Saints will probably list his position (and carry him as) a QB just they did/do with Taysom Hill. The “experts” who have no clue what the Saints are about, will try to roast the Saints for carrying 4 QBs on their roster... when in reality, this kid will play multiple roles for the team.
My point exactly, but put into much better words.

55 man roster rather than 53 makes this happen.

I think it is technically still a 53 man "roster" with 2 players brought up from the practice squad each week. Then they revert back to the practice squad after the game. Kind of a strange way to do it. I suspect even more "games" being done with the practice squad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom