Now under the cap 31m, what next? (1 Viewer)

Mirotic does make a lot of sense to me. But it also seems like they need to add another SF to the roster. At this point all you really have is Ingram. I guess they could play small ball with three guards, but it seems like they need another SF, preferably one that can really shoot from 3 point range.

Right, that's why guys like Harris, Mirotic , Bogdanović, etc make sense... we need another wing that can switch at the 2/3/4 on D and shoot the 3 and create spacing. Need, not want.

I want a guy like JJ because he can play the 2 off the bench and give us transition 3s when we go small.

There are rumors on Twitter that Mirotic and Bogdonovic are at the top of the Pelicans list of desired free agents.
As much as I would like to credit this towards my insider knowledge, they just seem obvious choices looking at what the Pels need and hearing Griff's comments about veteran leaders. We already know that Niko fits. Bogdonovic is going to be a hired gun for someone and isn't known to be an issue ever.

As much as I would like to credit this towards my insider knowledge, they just seem obvious choices looking at what the Pels need and hearing Griff's comments about veteran leaders. We already know that Niko fits. Bogdonovic is going to be a hired gun for someone and isn't known to be an issue ever.

Yeah. I would have an issue with neither of these guys, but I definitely lean towards Niko. He already knows the system and would need no transition.

I hated to see Niko go, but understood why, at the time. Things have changed quickly, would be great to have him back. I guess it will come down to money, playing time, and Niko's playoff aspirations. Even though this rebuild seems to have taken off quickly, I don't think Niko would be competing for any serious playoff achievements here, at least for a little while.

They need some veteran leadership. Lot of young rookies and players with only a few years of NBA experience. Need some savy vets to show them the ropes and what it takes to be successful in this league. Have to have patience. I believe the people in charge of this franchise are going about building a team the right way for a change. Got to focus on developing the young talent we have. Fans just have to be patient. The NBA is different than the NFL. You can't just turn it around overnight in the NBA. This will be a fun team to watch but we are going to be 2 or 3 years away from being a contender as long as the front office is patient and is committed to developing the young talent. Remember that Golden State was able to build a dynasty through the draft and then they started bringing in big time free agents.

Disagree in the turning it around comparison. Basketball is the one sport out of all the 3 major sports, that a team can be turned into a winner and contender, with just a few key added players. We are talking 5 starters, compared to say 8 (with a pitcher) in baseball and 22 in football. Much easier if the chips fall into place.

Disagree in the turning it around comparison. Basketball is the one sport out of all the 3 major sports, that a team can be turned into a winner and contender, with just a few key added players. We are talking 5 starters, compared to say 8 (with a pitcher) in baseball and 22 in football. Much easier if the chips fall into place.
Yeah, add a few key free agents and hopefully make the playoffs

They need floor spacers. Guys that you can't help off of. 3 and D players. As it stands now, E'twaun Moore is our best shooter. Jrue can shoot, but he loves attacking the rim more. Zion, Hayes, Ingram. All these guys are going to be operating around the paint. Lonzo needs spacing as well to be most comfortable, which is why he thrives in transition.

Without shooters on the floor, the paint will be crowded. Moore can be good for stretches, but he doesn't take care of his body correctly so he's inconsistent and prone to nicks and bruises that keep him out or out of rhythm.

We honestly don't know what these rookies are going to be at the next level, so I'm hoping we give a lot of 1+1 contracts rather than long term deals. You have to be sure or make sure the fit works first before committing to long term deals with guys around Zion.

So much is still up in the air. Griff said to be patient because they have a plan and we won't be able to see how everything comes together yet. I don't even know if he meant this year or beyond this year before things start to make sense.

In the short time Griffin has been here, he's shown he knows exactly what he's doing. I'm going to give him as much time as Ms. Gayle will give him. Hopefully with a few championships before he departs.

At the price, no way we couldn't take that team option based on how he played last season.

Bring in Kawhi Leonard. Max him out.

Ball
Jrue
Kawhi
King Zion
Al Horford.

Who wouldnt want to play with ZI. Run and Gun. Bust there heart.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom