Now watch, 49ers will shine Monday against Saints - article (2 Viewers)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Now watch, 49ers will shine Monday against Saints
By Tim Kawakami
Mercury News Columnist
09/17/2010

As the adrenaline spikes and Mike Singletary's voice continues to rise, this is setting up almost perfectly for a chest-beating, foot-stomping, damn-the-doubters 49ers performance Monday night against New Orleans.

It's a classic moment of NFL theater, an instant (and temporary) gut-check moment, made for national TV.

I'm not saying Singletary intentionally threw his little public nutty this week, just to stoke the emotional fires in the 49ers locker room and give Jon Gruden and Ron Jaworski something to chew on.

Singletary is who he is. He's genuinely tightly wound at all times, says what he feels and, for as long as he's in public view, we're always a question or two away from a Singletary Nutty.

No matter if this is Singletary's intent or not, the events of the last week -- big expectations, terrible loss, controversy over Jimmy Raye and Singletary's handling of everything thereafter -- is just classically lined up for a monster outing on national TV against the defending champions...

Continue:
http://www.mercurynews.com/tim-kawakami/ci_16105588?nclick_check=1

If by "shine", he means only lose by 17, then maybe, yeah

Look people... this aint years past where maybe an average Saints team that was on a lil 3 game hot streak and another average team comes in and puts us in our place. This is a whole new world.

The only way they beat us is if they pull a KC on San Diego from last monday night where they get 2 specials teams score and a long, gimmie, TD...

Our defense is on par with theirs and our offense is night and day better... Essentually, it's drew brees vs Alex Smith and thats just like stealing!!!

They can't beat us without everything going their way... PERIOD!!! They can get as pumped up as they want...

All that gliters is not gold! I am still mad about those loses in the 80s and 90s its our time, revenge is at hand!!Go Sanits!!

If it rains they might can beat us (since it is natural turf).
If it is a clear day, it will be a miracle if they beat us, but miracles do happen.
USM beat Kansas last night.

If it is a clear day, it will be a miracle if they beat us, but miracles do happen.

Remember all the slips and falls we took in Washington last year. I guarantee that the lack of traction for NO in Washington has been mentioned to SFs grounds keeper. That's probably why SP wanted to get on the field in SF a day in advance.
Sprinklers might be on already.
MB

Southern MS has one of the best teams in south Mississppi, FYI.

Let me get this straight, losing to a team picked by most to live in the cellar this season and having your coach act "nutty" along with controversy surrounding your OC is a recipe to beat the Saints?

Alrighty then!

I love how easy it is to win in this league according to journalists.

Seems all a team must do is say some crazy crap and get angry and they can just walk all over the defending Superbowl champs.

Why doesn't ever team do this every week I wonder?

The Saints will do 2 things....

1) On D, they will shut down Frank Gore, and force Alex Smith to throw the ball. Advantage Saints

2) On O, they will use the hurry up offense. 11 personell, or the spread out offense will force the secondary depleted 9rs to defend the pass.....Advantage Saints.

I seriously doubt the 9rs can score more than 13 points....and they will give up about 31....

I for one wanna see 49's best

We've beat better teams and now say we're better.
I wanna see how good the Saints are
I wanna see an MVP QB

You don't buy a Ferrarri thinking you're gonna get beat
"I want the pedal down" Let's see what this baby can do

Bring it!

Who Dat!

Looks like Jeff Duncan just found another soul mate. Ha ha, too bad eye bulging antics ain't going to be good enought to beat these Saints.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom