Now You See Why Seeding Doesn't Matter As Much As... (1 Viewer)

SaintsFanInLA

BREES SMASH!!
Reaction score
Being ready to play. YOU HAVE TO BE READY TO PLAY. You can't leave the game to the officials, you can't leave it up to unlucky bounces, you can't leave it to happenstance. You HAVE to do your part. You have to come ready to play the game! Can you imagine? You're 14-2, have the odds on favor league MVP, you are the #1 seed and have HFA throughout the playoffs and you get HOUSED at home on National TV a la the 2010 Falcons getting wrecked by the Packers.

This was supposed to be YOUR year. Maybe the players bought into the hype or maybe the Titans were just a better team today. Your team has to be ready to play at home or the road and bring the pain. Not wanting things outside your control to save you but to save yourself. This Titans team came READY TO PLAY. I think Derrick Henry might be my new favorite player outside of the Saints.

Well I never really got into the seeding and I always believe in the playoffs, the teams that is the hottest will always come out on top. Regular season doesn't mean anything. I said the Titan is the most dangerous team in the playoffs and I didn't think anyone would want to play them. I said this before the playoffs. But I will admit that I didn't expect them to beat Baltimore.

As far as us, I wanted us to get at least a number 2 seed. Having that extra week would of been better. Would of made a whole lot of difference.

I agree.

I am all for chasing HFA and/or a bye, but sometimes it feels like the team (and fans) put all their eggs into that basket that when we don't get it, they become mentally defeated. Payton has got to stress to the team next season an "Any Way Possible" mantra and not keen in so much on a "Let's get HFA because we are unstoppable at home" narrative.

I agree.

I am all for chasing HFA and/or a bye, but sometimes it feels like the team (and fans) put all their eggs into that basket that when we don't get it, they become mentally defeated. Payton has got to stress to the team next season an "Any Way Possible" mantra and not keen in so much on a "Let's get HFA because we are unstoppable at home" narrative.
Not that the LSU Tigers have won the National Title but before the playoffs Coach Orgeron said something that resonated with me. When asked about seeding, he said, "I don't care where you seed us, we will play anybody anywhere." (Or something around those lines.) I liked it because it meant, we aren't leaning on any factors OTHER THAN US.

Edit: I found the quote by Coach O:

It don't matter where they rank us, where they tell us to go. We've got to win the next game. That's all that matters.

As far as us, I wanted us to get at least a number 2 seed. Having that extra week would of been better. Would of made a whole lot of difference.
I wanted No. 2 seed, too. I didn't think we NEEDED No. 1 but playing the Vikings -- AGAIN -- just felt preordained for the bad thing to happen again.

Ive actually felt that its more important to be the Hot team at the end of the year, you don't want to peak too early. I felt like we were that team this year, we were hitting our stride at the right time. I think injuries finally caught up to us along with coming out flat, some players made some really questionable plays, that were also attributed to injury. I really thought the Ravens would be representing the AFC also. So im pretty shocked to see them get bounced by the Titans. I would have to figure a KC vs San Fran. is the most logical Superbowl matchup as of now.

Seeding matters because of the off week. The home field advantage is overrated.

Ive actually felt that its more important to be the Hot team at the end of the year, you don't want to peak too early. I felt like we were that team this year, we were hitting our stride at the right time. I think injuries finally caught up to us along with coming out flat, some players made some really questionable plays, that were also attributed to injury. I really thought the Ravens would be representing the AFC also. So im pretty shocked to see them get bounced by the Titans. I would have to figure a KC vs San Fran. is the most logical Superbowl matchup as of now.
We were the hot team. No one wanted to play us.

Management chocked...DB and SP

We came in hotter than the Titans. But the Titans were more fired up and the QB didn’t have multiple turnovers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom