NS: Alabama Coach Mike Shula Fired (1 Viewer)

SBerg3506

Veteran
Reaction score
Radio here in Alabama is reporting that Coach Mike Shula of the University of Alabama was fired last night. They're saying he'll get up to $4 million.

Coaching is one of the best deals going. You work for big bucks, then, if you screw up, and they fire you, they still have to pay you millions and you no longer have to work for it!

Anyway, I wish him luck. He's a really nice guy. Saw him in church several times. Seemed very humble. Maybe that was his problem. Maybe he needed to have a lot more fire in his personality.

Sandman

Trustworthy
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't alabama win 10 games last year?
Yeah, but he has lost to Auburn four years in a row. IMO, he has been outcoached in each of those games.

sainTS

Reaction score
The most ridiculous part of this is that after last season they gave him a huge contract with a substantial buyout clause. Shula will be walking away with about 4 million buyout. What a difference a year makes.

thundar1084

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
This makes no sense. Auburn has out recruited Alabama for about the last 10 years. To fire a coach just because he hasn't beaten a team that has been a consistent top 15 team every year is dumb.

You fire him after he loses another game to Miss. St. That was embarrassing.

I just hope they didn't jump out on the limb without a "qualified" canidate in mind.

:dunno:

joe87

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I just hope they didn't jump out on the limb without a "qualified" canidate in mind.

:dunno:
That could set their program back another 3 or 4 years. Long enough for the next guy to get fired, so they can make another hire, which would set them back even further.

I think constantly firing coaches has really hurt Baylor and they are just starting to recover from it. It really hurt Colorado.

stevedrum

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I thought for sure that if they fired Shula they would already have a coach lined up, but according to AD Mal Moore at the 2:00 pm press conference they haven't contacted anybody about the job.

On the 5:00 news though the sportscaster said that Steve Spurrier and Nick Saban both turned down offers for the job.

joe87

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I thought for sure that if they fired Shula they would already have a coach lined up, but according to AD Mal Moore at the 2:00 pm press conference they haven't contacted anybody about the job.

On the 5:00 news though the sportscaster said that Steve Spurrier and Nick Saban both turned down offers for the job.
Does Saban have a clause in his contract where he can accept other jobs, or is he expecting to get fired?

hardhead233

In Bresus we trust
Reaction score
I'm hearing rumors that Bama is working a deal with Spurier, I can't believe that, isn't that like selling your soul to the devil?? Considering he and Fulmer where the ones that snitched on ya'll in the first place(Spurier was mad because he couldn't beat ya'll).

What do you Bama fans think of that??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nightshade N/S Deion Sanders to become head coach at Jackson St Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
DerrickB "The Coach has to be careful to not criticized Brady in front of the media" Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 27
WhoDat_SB44 Burrow has a chance to win it at the end but his coach let him down IMO Everything Else Board 14
I hope Coach Payton has learned to ride the hot hand Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 33
Mike Tilleman, member of first New Orleans Saints team, dead at age 76 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
rsmith2783 Our offense without Mike Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 31
ndcc Saints Lattimore vs. Mike Evans mixing it up (highlights) ...grab your popcorn Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 7
DerrickB Mike Evans received his test results back Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 16
Saints vs. Bucs: Tampa's Mike Evans active, New Orleans' P.J. Williams inactive, see both lists of inactives Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Mike Evans active for Bucs Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Report: Mike Evans “likely” to play, may be on a pitch count Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Mike Detillier: Starting out fast matters for Saints Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
Dan in Lafayette Mike Detillier: Starting out fast matters for Saints SR News Page Articles 0
Saints rule Marcus Davenport, Cesar Ruiz out for the opener; Bucs' Mike Evans doubtful Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Final Saints-Buccaneers injury report: Mike Evans doubtful for Week 1 SR News Page Articles 0
Bucs tag Mike Evans as doubtful for Sunday Saints RSS News Feeds 0
jdpower13 Week 1 - Friday injury report - Ruiz/Davenport out, Mike Evans questionable Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 101
Bruce Arians: Mike Evans probably will be a game-time decision Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Buccaneers receiver Mike Evans may be a game-time decision Sunday against the Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
DerrickB Mike Evans injury (Updated to questionable) Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 51
Mike Evans doesn’t practice, Bucs will “see how it goes” for Sunday Saints RSS News Feeds 0