NS: Alabama Coach Mike Shula Fired (1 Viewer)

SBerg3506

Veteran
Reaction score
Radio here in Alabama is reporting that Coach Mike Shula of the University of Alabama was fired last night. They're saying he'll get up to $4 million.

Coaching is one of the best deals going. You work for big bucks, then, if you screw up, and they fire you, they still have to pay you millions and you no longer have to work for it!

Anyway, I wish him luck. He's a really nice guy. Saw him in church several times. Seemed very humble. Maybe that was his problem. Maybe he needed to have a lot more fire in his personality.

Didn't alabama win 10 games last year?

Yeah, but he has lost to Auburn four years in a row. IMO, he has been outcoached in each of those games.

The most ridiculous part of this is that after last season they gave him a huge contract with a substantial buyout clause. Shula will be walking away with about 4 million buyout. What a difference a year makes.

This makes no sense. Auburn has out recruited Alabama for about the last 10 years. To fire a coach just because he hasn't beaten a team that has been a consistent top 15 team every year is dumb.

You fire him after he loses another game to Miss. St. That was embarrassing.

I just hope they didn't jump out on the limb without a "qualified" canidate in mind.

:dunno:

I just hope they didn't jump out on the limb without a "qualified" canidate in mind.

:dunno:

That could set their program back another 3 or 4 years. Long enough for the next guy to get fired, so they can make another hire, which would set them back even further.

I think constantly firing coaches has really hurt Baylor and they are just starting to recover from it. It really hurt Colorado.

I thought for sure that if they fired Shula they would already have a coach lined up, but according to AD Mal Moore at the 2:00 pm press conference they haven't contacted anybody about the job.

On the 5:00 news though the sportscaster said that Steve Spurrier and Nick Saban both turned down offers for the job.

I thought for sure that if they fired Shula they would already have a coach lined up, but according to AD Mal Moore at the 2:00 pm press conference they haven't contacted anybody about the job.

On the 5:00 news though the sportscaster said that Steve Spurrier and Nick Saban both turned down offers for the job.

Does Saban have a clause in his contract where he can accept other jobs, or is he expecting to get fired?

I'm hearing rumors that Bama is working a deal with Spurier, I can't believe that, isn't that like selling your soul to the devil?? Considering he and Fulmer where the ones that snitched on ya'll in the first place(Spurier was mad because he couldn't beat ya'll).

What do you Bama fans think of that??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom