[NS] Anybody else seen any of the Chris Berman YouTube videos? (1 Viewer)

DownWithDisease

Very Banned
Reaction score
They've got a bunch posted over at ProFootballTalk. I always thought Berman was a jerk, but these clips really make him look like he's a total scumbag.

You can't photoshop this stuff.

what, no photshops?

aww man.

i was watching these yesterday. he doesnt come off very well.

I saw it... I don't know if it makes him look like a jerk any more than it gives you a glimpse at what goes on behind the scenes are during a commercial break.

In defense of Berman, imagine you are reading a teleprompter on live television and you have people walking all around and providing enough distraction (that you cannot respond to), that you can easily lose your train of thought (i.e. wondering if they are going to walk into something/make a noise/etc).

The tirade is understandable...

As an aside, back in the early days of satellite television (when you had a dish in your backyard the size of which appeared that one was searching for life on other planets), I used to see things like this all the time during commerical breaks or during halftime of football games (when the announcers went to the studio in NY).

I've caught many an unvarnished comment from announcers regarding the game they were covering. Usually it was a one-sided conversation with either the guys in the truck or someone off camera, but they were funny when they occured.

Somebody is releasing one of these a day on youtube. Clearly, somebody has an axe to grind. Berman does look like a world class jackhole.

I'm glad I'm not filmed at work...

I saw it... I don't know if it makes him look like a jerk any more than it gives you a glimpse at what goes on behind the scenes are during a commercial break.

In defense of Berman, imagine you are reading a teleprompter on live television and you have people walking all around and providing enough distraction (that you cannot respond to), that you can easily lose your train of thought (i.e. wondering if they are going to walk into something/make a noise/etc).

The tirade is understandable...

As an aside, back in the early days of satellite television (when you had a dish in your backyard the size of which appeared that one was searching for life on other planets), I used to see things like this all the time during commerical breaks or during halftime of football games (when the announcers went to the studio in NY).

I've caught many an unvarnished comment from announcers regarding the game they were covering. Usually it was a one-sided conversation with either the guys in the truck or someone off camera, but they were funny when they occured.

When you put it like that, I agree. I saw the clips a couple of weeks ago and wasn't too pleased, but yeah if people are walking in front of the teleprompter, that's completely unacceptable. And this is supposed to be ESPN. He had a right to be upset.

I just watched a few of them, lol, I like him better than I did before. What's that say about me? Ok, don't tell me - I know.

Talking about the video where he cusses at people for moving by the teleprompter while he's on air?

WOW !!!!! dude need to get off the high horse. You do your job on TV so what, he lucky he wasn't talking to UNION workers.

Hey Chris sit down SHUT UP and READ !!!!!

Funny Stuff

We had one of those, it was always funny when the announcers started cursing every other word and complaining about the game and then snapping back into their "on-air" personalities.

Having not seen the video, I'm assuming he got ****** at some production assistent?

If so, that only happens...well on every single TV set ever. My sophmore year of college I ran a camera for the local morning show on ABC. Crap like that is typical. Of course we constantly made fun of the on air talent behind their backs to pass the time.

LOL, I saw no problem with it. No on-air personality likes a lot of movement during a broadcast. Really, that should be common-sense. His language was a little strong, but if you notice, he wasn't actually cursing anyone in particular, just the situation. I've been through this exact situation before, you just brush it off and move on. Gotta have thick skin to work behind the scenes in tv, those people are under a lot of stress.

We had a guy at my old station that did something like that (waving his arms around hysterically while the talent was on-camera reading) and he got his stuff lit up. He deserved it. :)

Well, maybe if everyone wasn't moving around at the same time he wouldn't have to resort to cursing and taking the Lord's name in vain.

Lol, he got mad..... wow the dude is human... incredible... like we all haven't gotten like that at some point.

I thought it was funny if anything...but it doesnt really change my opinion on the dude.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom