NS - Argument on WWL radio sports talk (1 Viewer)

IIRC, Garic "won" a contest to get on the air as a "fan". Didn't hurt that he was related to the former GM of channel 4.
Sure you're not thinking of 1280's Kaare Johnson? His late father was WWL-TV station manager and editorialist Bill Johnson.

Or hire someone who is more objective, rather than someone that is more subjective. Maybe someone that is a healthy balance of the two
Honestly? Rev Deuce would be ideal to be the host. When he cuts up, he cuts up and it's obvious that's what he's doing, but when he goes all business, it's all business.

Honestly? Rev Deuce would be ideal to be the host. When he cuts up, he cuts up and it's obvious that's what he's doing, but when he goes all business, it's all business.
I think Rev and Bobby would be a good combo for WWL Sports Talk. Both guys are very knowledgeable on football.

I think Rev and Bobby would be a good combo for WWL Sports Talk. Both guys are very knowledgeable on football.
Whoa!!! The personality mesh would be interesting. lol.

I'm going to say no. Rev wouldn't get more than 5 words in per episode, so he'd be wasted if teamed up with Bobby.

But yeah, the actual football and Saints knowledge would be off the charts.

I have to be honest, it shocks me that people still listen to WWL for sports talk. It was awful years ago and it's a terrible place to get the news. I literally heard people calling up to ask about who would be starting or is X player injured. People would wait forever to get information that you could get by googling.

There is just so much better content out there. Twitter has changed the landscape to get sports news from informed people much for the better. But, if you want to listen to something there are several podcasts that blow away WWL. Just a few:

Saints Talk presented by New Orleans.Football (nick underhill's excellent podcast)
#Saints Twitter Podcast
and, for something lighter - Saints Happy Hour Podcast

As far as Garic, he is a trash person. He is a Covid denier, and i can only imagine whatever crazy beliefs he holds.

I have to be honest, it shocks me that people still listen to WWL for sports talk. It was awful years ago and it's a terrible place to get the news. I literally heard people calling up to ask about who would be starting or is X player injured. People would wait forever to get information that you could get by googling.

There is just so much better content out there. Twitter has changed the landscape to get sports news from informed people much for the better. But, if you want to listen to something there are several podcasts that blow away WWL. Just a few:

Saints Talk presented by New Orleans.Football (nick underhill's excellent podcast)
#Saints Twitter Podcast

As far as Garic, he is a trash person. He is a Covid denier, and i can only imagine whatever crazy beliefs he holds.
I'm neither here nor there on Garic... But is "Covid denier" a new way to label people as a bad person? Another divisive label in a world that already has WAY too many divisive labels? Wow... I'm glad I live in BFE.

A month ago he was trying to convince Bobby that it was ok to go to game at that point in time. Bobby just lost his dad to Covid, and had to tell him it was a bad idea. When Bobby has to tell you something is a bad idea it's really bad idea.

I'm neither here nor there on Garic... But is "Covid denier" a new way to label people as a bad person? Another divisive label in a world that already has WAY too many divisive labels? Wow... I'm glad I live in BFE.

Yes, i think denying facts is a bad thing. I don't think it's a divisive label. And you should take a look at a lot of his tweets on the subject to see what i'm talking about and how he treated/treats COVID like a joke.

Many years ago I listened exclusively to WWL radio whenever I was in my vehicle, but other than if the game is on and I am in my vehicle I can't take it. Besides the quality of the broadcast there are way too many commercials. Just my honest opinion.

#Saints Twitter Podcast

Where does the covid denier come from? He’s seemed to enjoy broadcasting from home the past 2 1/2 months.

Ralph Marlboro from Saints Happy Hour podcast would be great too. He certainly has the accent to bring some local vibe back.

Garic's rant about the protest over cops brutality's toward minorities. He took a nasty attitude whenthe caller called him out and pulled a Deke and hung up. WWL must have pulled the segment before it escalated out of control. They need to hire professional journalist instead of these fly by night wanna be's (Deke now Garic).

Even hearing these guys converse with people they don't have a problem with -- they're unprofessional and come off as cheap.

Can't WWL do any better? T-Bob should take over

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom