NS Chow fired (1 Viewer)

I want Norm Chow!!! Not me, I mean as a coach for the Saints. Just wanted to clear that up. I am a happily married man.

i think he could help coach on our staff but i see him as a head college coach

IMO, Chow is much more suited for Pros than College, especially at the HC position. College HC's are usually firey and great motivators, Chow is neither. He is as blah as anyone, which seems to be a good quality in NFL Coaches.....just look at the Coaches still in the Playoffs. Belicheck, Turner, McCarthy and Coughlin are hardly thought of as firey, then oppose them to Miles, Carroll, Meyer and Saban....see a difference?

How do you account for Sean Payton in that list? I understand you said "look at the coaches still in the playoffs" but this time last year Payton was too.

How do you account for Sean Payton in that list? I understand you said "look at the coaches still in the playoffs" but this time last year Payton was too.

I know I included Pro Coaches in my post but I was mainly trying to say Chow's even keel isn't good for Collegiate Coaching, at least not at the HC position. The NFL Coaches I mentioned were just used to show the NFL has many Coaches with his personality.....of course, there are exceptions to every rule. The Vest is a great College Coach and is known for being even keeled, but that is the exception in the College ranks, not the rule.....at least for sucessful College Coaches.

Also, it could be said that if Payton was more even keeled we may be in the playoffs because some of his calls that cost us games this year were definately not rational decisions.

i saw a program on NFl , about rookies, chow seemed to have the same attitude about VY then, like VY didnt pay attention well - though it may not have been VY it may have been Chow - but did seem to be a personality thing in the short segment they showed - they were watching film together -

Is it possible Chow left Tennessee knowing VY was not going to run the offense Chow wanted to run? I know they are saying Chow was fired, but could it have been Chow wanting to leave? I think where he ends up could say a lot.

vince young is a bust.

last year 12 tds 13ints
his year 9tds 17 ints

last year 12 fumbles lost 3
this year 10 fumbles lost 3

he is a QB who is getting worse. they might as well trade him or put collins in there.

VY is a OC nightmare or dream. VY is great at making things happen on his own and that throws an OC like chow who is accustomed to coaching completely off. Tenn could hire a highschool OC to call run left, run right, throw left, throw right, throw deep and just let VY do what he does.

Mack Brown learned to just let the kid play and he'll win you games.

This is a weird move for the Titans - and a very un-Fisher like way to do it.

Chow was in Nashville all week long and went to California yesterday to get ready for the Senior Bowl.

Fisher called him at home and fired him.

In his own words, (paraphrased) Chow was extremely surprised.

Fisher doesn't operate like that. This has Bud written all over it.

Mack Brown learned to just let the kid play and he'll win you games.

Sorry, but no one should be able to bring up anyone's College Career after they've been in the NFL for 2 complete seasons. The College game is a completely different game than the NFL, which we know from watching Bush. When plays broke down, VY could just out-athelete everyone else in college, just like Bush, in the NFL that doesn't work.

If Mack Brown were to take over the Tenn. OC job, VY would be just as bad.

It is official it is on Titansonline.com that Chow is out as OC for the Titans.

He may go back to college, perhaps Hawaii?

vince young is a bust.

last year 12 tds 13ints
his year 9tds 17 ints

last year 12 fumbles lost 3
this year 10 fumbles lost 3

he is a QB who is getting worse. they might as well trade him or put collins in there.

I don't think he's going to be an elite QB but we should give him some time before totally labeling him a bust. Think about how many teams fans are labeling Reggie a bust right now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom