NS Chow fired (1 Viewer)

you dont win 10 games as a member of the AFC South and have a BAD quarteback. sure VY's not a numbers guy but the team wins and he gets his team in a position for success all the time. Im sure it comes down to the two just not working well together and not meeting each other's expectations...i have no idea how it lasted as long as 2 years in the first place.

I mean this sincerely and not to be rude or anything, but did you (like I did) puke every time your heard someone say the same thing about Michael Vick?

IMO Young is like Vick 5 years ago. It remains to be seen whether or not Young will exceed Vick's abilities...however at least on the surface it looks like VY's a better all-around guy than our favorite felon.....

They were 7-6 going into the last 3 games of the year and got into the playoffs playing the juggernaut lineup of KC, NYJ, and the Colts backups. Their wins came against Jax in week 1, which is a crap shoot, the Saints before the offense put it together, Atlanta, Oakland, Houston (2), and Carolina. Take out the Colts game, and the combined record of their opponents whom they defeated is 49-79. Taking out the Indy game Jacksonville is the only +.500 team they defeated all year and that was again, in week 1. Their defense gave up 297 points, good for 5th in the conference, their offense scored 301 points, 10th in the conference over those powerhouse offenses in KC, Oakland, Baltimore, Miami, NY, and Buffalo. Further, every NFC team outscored them except for St Louis, San Fran, Atlanta and Carolina. Tennessee was carried by their defense.

Excellent post. I know I was outraged to see them make the playoffs by seeing them beat Jim Sorgi and the rest of the Colts' also-rans....leaving a very deserving team in Cleveland home to watch the post-season on TV. IMO Cleveland would beat TN 8 times out of 10 head to head.

the second I heard that Chow was out in tenn, I was overwhelmed with excitement! I thought "OMG, if the saints can bring him in as an O-Cord here is the one person over anyone who knows how to use Reggie!!" I pray to god that Reggie is lobbying right now to the saints brass to bring Chow in....

If I may be so ignorant to ask, who is the current saints O-cord? is it Payton????

I mean this sincerely and not to be rude or anything, but did you (like I did) puke every time your heard someone say the same thing about Michael Vick?

IMO Young is like Vick 5 years ago. ..

yeah Vick was a bad football player...sure..now i get it... and to the Pats homer..if you take out ATL and CAr the Saints have 4 wins..you cant do that..everyone plays 16 games and VY went 10-6

EDIT: in no way im saying hes a STAR at his postiion but to say he is a bust is just a joke.

Last edited:
yeah Vick was a bad football player...sure..now i get it... and to the Pats homer..if you take out ATL and CAr the Saints have 4 wins..you cant do that..everyone plays 16 games and VY went 10-6

EDIT: in no way im saying hes a STAR at his postiion but to say he is a bust is just a joke.

Total wins aren't the issue, it's quality wins and really the Saints didn't have many either this year, it's hard to when everyone can burn you deep. Further, I agreed earlier in this thread that I wouldn't label him a bust yet, but let's not act like he is the reason that team went 10-6 when it was clearly the defense. I may be a "Pats homer" but I'm not dumb enough to think that Brady was the main reason we won the 2001 Superbowl, I mean he was a big part of it especially on the game winning drive, but the defense won that game.

I suggest you look up VY's performance in each of their wins, then come back here and tell me exactly how throwing 9 TD's, 17 INT's, for low yardage, and having 12 fumbles got his team any of those wins. Last year his running made up for some of that. This year his rushing numbers weren't even good. WIth an average QB the Titans would of been a 12-13 win team this year and would of hosted a playoff game. Their defense was that good.

IMO Young is like Vick 5 years ago. It remains to be seen whether or not Young will exceed Vick's abilities...however at least on the surface it looks like VY's a better all-around guy than our favorite felon.....

Young has not reached Vick as far as NFL production goes. To me Vick is the pinnacle of what VY could be. I never see him being an elite passer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom