(NS) Falcons in tough spot with painkillers from 2009 (1 Viewer)

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Good find, SoA. I had not heard or read of any of this and it appears to me that the Falcons were handing out pain killers like candy since 2009. We will see if there are repercussions.

Saints 4 life

⚜ Falcons Suck ⚜
Reaction score
Since 2009 huh? Saints winning that Lombardi made them pop painkillers to handle the pain.

Meachemdat

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
The BIG part of this story is that the players are currently suing the NFL over it's use of pain killers. I'll give you 2 guesses on how Roger plays this one.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Any distraction for the falcons is totally welcome around here.

Meachemdat

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
he will suspend the Saints again
That's 1 guess :hihi:.

In all seriousness, the Falcons just got punished for crowd noise. If they really wanna make an example of them this will get very ugly.

Also another reason for celebration: They are rumored to be targeting Chip Kelly for offensive coordinator.

Ti Rider

Me Worry?
Reaction score
he will suspend the Saints again
I know this was said sarcastically but I for one will not be at all surprised if immediately after the Super Bowl there is another concocted major scandal that completely distracts the media - gambling, PEDs, ignorance of concussion report protocol, etc. Never forget Goodell's background was in PR he has one of these things tucked away in his back pocket for just such an occasion. If Atlanta wins expect a team or individual player to be made an example of to keep the champs image "pure".

St.Dan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I know this was said sarcastically but I for one will not be at all surprised if immediately after the Super Bowl there is another concocted major scandal that completely distracts the media - gambling, PEDs, ignorance of concussion report protocol, etc. Never forget Goodell's background was in PR he has one of these things tucked away in his back pocket for just such an occasion. If Atlanta wins expect a team or individual player to be made an example of to keep the champs image "pure".
Actually, he's an economist. Figure that one out. But, he does give the public relations business a bad name.

Pa.Saint

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Good find, SoA. I had not heard or read of any of this and it appears to me that the Falcons were handing out pain killers like candy since 2009. We will see if there are repercussions.
seeing that Roger Gotohell attended both Falcon playoff games....well.... you know the rest

AgnesT

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
That's 1 guess :hihi:.

In all seriousness, the Falcons just got punished for crowd noise. If they really wanna make an example of them this will get very ugly.

Also another reason for celebration: They are rumored to be targeting Chip Kelly for offensive coordinator.
Hope it is Kelly. Better hope they don't go after Carmichael.

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well this should be fun. How many millions/billions are the players suing for which will of course set the bar as to how much Goodell cares for his players and the amount of suspensions handed out in this case.

rickyjones

I’ve always believed.
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to many painkillers can cause you to lose control of your bowels.....

Matt Ryan is guilty.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)