NS - Herschel Walker Multiple Personality Disorder (Updated, Merged) (2 Viewers)

I wonder how many of his total yards are Herschel's and how many are split among the other personalities? Should there be an asterisk next to his name? Which one wrote the book?

Ah. This finally explains why Jerry Burns traded so much to get him. He thought he was getting an entire team.

Played Russian roulette...put a gun to his wife's head...doesn't remember winning the Heisman Trophy...yeah, I'd say he had problems.

ABC NEWS
Herschel Walker: 'Tell the World My Truth'
Former NFL Star Opens Up About Battle With Dissociative Identity Disorder
By BOB WOODRUFF, JAIME HENNESSEY and JAMES HILL

April 14, 2008

Herschel Walker has always been something of a puzzle. As difficult as the star running back was to bring down on the field, it was harder, still, to figure out what made him tick.

"I told somebody once, 'You don't want the Herschel that plays football ... babysitting your child," Walker told ABC News correspondent Bob Woodruff. "When I am competing, I am a totally different person.'"

He means it literally.

READ MORE, WATCH THE INTERVIEW VID
ABC News: An NFL Star's 'Alters,' or Many Personalities

Are we sure it's going to him revealing his multiple personality disorder and not one of the other personalities?

If he is just saying this to sell a book, he does a pretty convincing job of it. From the book:

Walker writes of sitting in a darkened room, his TV on, and how "I must have raised the gun to my temple, because I can remember feeling the coldness of the metal and the gentle pressure and my pulse pushing against the thing that could end my life. ... Before I could really register in my mind what my finger had done and my ears had heard, the click went off.

"It was a lot louder than I expected. ... Then I experienced kind of a thrill, an evil kind of thrill. ... I didn't feel any relief, just a kind of warmth, a purely physiological sensation of heat, cascading down my body. ... Before that sensation wore off, I spun the cylinder again, put the barrel to my mouth this time, tasted the oil and the steel on my lips, and pulled the trigger again."

READ MORE
Herschel Walker's Russian roulette episode detailed in book

N/S Hershel Walker says he once played Russian Roulette

I was a big fan of Hershel Walker in his days as a pro. but after hearing this, that man had some issues for a long time if he was playing Russian Roulette and he had multiple personality problems so badly he does not remember even winning the Heisman or threatening his ex-wife with a gun.

The Funny thing is that his old College HC, Vince Dooley, said he never knew his star RB had I guess what is called schizophrenia.

My God having that disease is bad and being a bit bi-polar myself I shudder to hear some of these stories.

If you don't kill yourself is that winning or losing?

Multiple personality disorder is different from schizophrenia.

Sorry Keg. They seem similar to me I must confess. But anyway these stories raise the hair on your arms because the people who have this most of the time have no perception of what their doing, their reality is somewhere else. Its scary to even think about even having it that it makes me feel uneasy inside.

Multiple personality disorder is different from schizophrenia.

You're absolutely right. They are two different disorders that are often used interchangeably (and incorrectly), although I don't feel like channeling my inner PSY 101 spirit at the moment.

Sorry Keg. They seem similar to me I must confess. But anyway these stories raise the hair on your arms because the people who have this most of the time have no perception of what their doing, their reality is somewhere else. Its scary to even think about even having it that it makes me feel uneasy inside.

No problem, it's a common misconception.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom