NS - Jersey's for Detroit - NE... (1 Viewer)

Joe OKC

"Better Days"
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I just realized this and found it interesting...

Both teams are wearing colored jersey's... I thought that it was a rule that the home team had choice of color at home. But if they chose thier colors that the other team HAD to wear white.

:scratch:

What is the rule I wonder?

Joe

The 2 teams can petition the league and ask for an exception so both can wear color jerseys... which the commish has to ok... as long as they're easy to differentiate (i.e. the Pats couldn't wear their current regular home jerseys against the Lions b/c they're both blue). It happened last year when the Cowboys went to Kansas City and played the Chiefs. They both wore color jerseys b/c both were in throwbacks (Cowboys in blue, Chiefs as the Dallas Texans in red). It's rare but it does happen... mostly when the teams wear throwbacks.

remember the Saints were in a color vs. color game... the game we wore the gold jerseys and black pants vs. the Vikings who wore their purple jerseys... though i do try to forget that particular game b/c of how it ended.

This should hopefully clear it up: http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2010/11/21/nfl-color-vs-color-part-i/

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom