NS: Michael Turner signs with Atlanta (1 Viewer)

They have to take Ryan... they are obviously in rebuilding mode.... they have no one the roster capable of starting at QB... there is nothing in the FA market... and no one is going to trade a starting QB for less than a King's ransom. Look for the Falcons to take Ryan at #3, then try to pick up some O-linemen in the draft and FA.

I know they are high on both him and Dorsey, but I don't see it. They need to rebuild from the trenches up. So I expect either of the Longs, Dorsey or Ellis there. Plus they've got 2 second rounders, so will get a QB there. Henne, Brohm, Woodson, maybe Flacco. They will likely use the other second rounder on the trenches as well.

I hate to say it but there is no way the Falcons screw up this draft. However you put it they are getting 3 quality players.

Wrong...there are plenty ways for the Falcons to screw up...they're the falcons.

Gives Atl. options in the draft now for BPA.

I wanted Turner, also means a good back gets pushed back towards us.

I know they are high on both him and Dorsey, but I don't see it. They need to rebuild from the trenches up. So I expect either of the Longs, Dorsey or Ellis there. Plus they've got 2 second rounders, so will get a QB there. Henne, Brohm, Woodson, maybe Flacco. They will likely use the other second rounder on the trenches as well.

I hate to say it but there is no way the Falcons screw up this draft. However you put it they are getting 3 quality players.

After the Vick debacle, the image of their franchise has been tarnished. No way they were going to take a guy with the red flags that McFadden has. They need a QB and golden boy Matt Ryan is a perfect fit.

Pretty good move for them. I wonder if Dunn gets released now. He's a little passed his prime. Norwood/Turner will probably be the backfield for the dirtybirds now. I think they go Ryan in the draft. McFadden goes to the Raiders or the Jets.

Why don't they just hand the ball off to Norwood 25 times a game? Every time I see him, he looks terrific.

Could increase the chances the McFadden falls to us and we could trade out of our pick - and steal Jerry's 2 first rounders.

Or - the Bengals, Ravens, etc. could do the same and possible increase the chance of Ellis/Dorsey (who I am still optimisically skeptical of) falling to us. KC will go O-Line, Patriots will probably go CB at this point since their secondary is leaving town....

It's Atlanta for god sakes!! who cares lol... What a Joke.

If they build a good offensive line Turner and Norwood will be the face of their franchise. Also, Matt Ryan would be a second rounder in a B rated draft class. This year's QB class is poor and he is the pick of a bad bunch. I would like to see his accuracy and gun slinging mentality used to full effect on NFL recievers, but to be honest, Boston College are probably better than Atlanta in that respect.

Turner and Norwood are 2 brilliant players who have been stuck behind a player regarded as superior their whole careers. In both cases any time they have been given the ball they have excelled. Norwood was a steal which they should have been reaping the benefits of.
With a good offensive line I think they would push Deuce and Reggie for the league's best thunder and lightning partnership.

That's a nice 1-2 punch in turdville now.......

If they build a good offensive line Turner and Norwood will be the face of their franchise. Also, Matt Ryan would be a second rounder in a B rated draft class. This year's QB class is poor and he is the pick of a bad bunch. I would like to see his accuracy and gun slinging mentality used to full effect on NFL recievers, but to be honest, Boston College are probably better than Atlanta in that respect.

Turner and Norwood are 2 brilliant players who have been stuck behind a player regarded as superior their whole careers. In both cases any time they have been given the ball they have excelled. Norwood was a steal which they should have been reaping the benefits of.
With a good offensive line I think they would push Deuce and Reggie for the league's best thunder and lightning partnership.

I like both Flacco more then Ryan. I also, to an extent, like Woodson over Ryan. My concern with Woodson being his potential "David Carr Syndrome".

Dorsey in the first. Henne in the second. Three good building blocks.

They're not going with McFadden now and showing faith in Norwood. Turner/Dunn/Norwood is some combo.
So, Long/Long/Ellis/Dorsey is soon to be a turd, and we can't do anything about it :angryrazz:

Not so fast. They still need a starting QB. If they don't pick one up in FA then the draft with that 1st round pick must be on a QB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom