NS: Michael Turner signs with Atlanta (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Per ESPN News....six-year, $34.5 million contract with the Falcons, with $15 million guaranteed

Per pft:

KEEP AN EYE ON ATLANTA

We've picking up uncorroborated rumors that running back Michael Turner has agreed to terms with the Falcons.

Again, these rumors are uncorroborated.

We assume that someone in the "real" media will seize the baton and run with it.

I'm not too upset with this one. I think Deuce will come back, not at 100%, but PT can take some of that load.

I hope we can get a WLB or DT to take this guy down with Vilma and Fujita, though.

Good signing for them if true.... that said... if they don't get some O-linemen and a QB worth a damn.... it's going to be a long season full of 8 man fronts for Turner.

They're not going with McFadden now and showing faith in Norwood. Turner/Dunn/Norwood is some combo.
So, Long/Long/Ellis/Dorsey is soon to be a turd, and we can't do anything about it :angryrazz:

Does this take them out of the running for McFadden? They have a bruiser in Turner and a quick man in Norwood. I'm hoping they go with Matt Ryan and his 19 interceptions personally.

I know they are high on both him and Dorsey, but I don't see it. They need to rebuild from the trenches up. So I expect either of the Longs, Dorsey or Ellis there. Plus they've got 2 second rounders, so will get a QB there. Henne, Brohm, Woodson, maybe Flacco. They will likely use the other second rounder on the trenches as well.

I hate to say it but there is no way the Falcons screw up this draft. However you put it they are getting 3 quality players.

I know they are high on both him and Dorsey, but I don't see it. They need to rebuild from the trenches up. So I expect either of the Longs, Dorsey or Ellis there. Plus they've got 2 second rounders, so will get a QB there. Henne, Brohm, Woodson, maybe Flacco. They will likely use the other second rounder on the trenches as well.

I hate to say it but there is no way the Falcons screw up this draft. However you put it they are getting 3 quality players.

They do need to rebuild the trenches, but they also need to put butts in seats after the Vick debacle. They need a new face of the franchise as soon as possible and Matt Ryan could be that guy. Not to mention there are reports that some Falcons officials have a man-crush over the guy.

Taking the approach you mentioned is probably the best course of action, but I don't know for sure if that's the route they're willing to take.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom