NS- Nice Story, But Why Do They Have "Oklahoma City" On Their Jerseys?? (1 Viewer)

yea.. this foolishness has ****** me off since the day they got there.. we understand there reason for being there and and we express great grattitude for housing them.. but now this city, has crossed the line in the efforts of keeping this team.. i have always seen this a big slap in the face.. and have yet to watch a single Hornets game..

Just like when you watch them play on TV they put "NOK" as the abbreviation, as in New Orleans-Oklahoma City Hornets. If Stern is so intent on having them come home at least let them represent New Orleans no matter where they are playing.

The Hornets should be back in New Orleans full time by now. It has been over a year since the storm and yet they are still not playing here. I think the owner wants out of here from watching the game tonight he looked happy to be there.The city needs to rally around the Hornets like it does the Saints and sell out the arena. We need to keep this major business from leaving a second time. Once it is gone it will never come back. And put N.O. somewhere back on those uni's.

Upon rereading the article, I see that the jerseys are only for the home opener. Whatever. Let me tell you something: If the Hornets win the NBA Championship Title in Oklahoma City, you can kiss them goodbye...

oklahoma is right there after san antonio.......

like this dude from oklahoma said "chris paul rookie of the yr award will always have ok on it"

No need to worry about Mobilehoma. Unfortunately, the Sonics have a 50% (at least) of moving to Mobilehoma with their fatal arena situation. They'll be looting another city's team. Look for the Hornets to severely ramp up N.O. marketing in January after they have squeezed OKC for all its money.

oklahoma is right there after san antonio.......

nah i think OK took the cake long before SA.. did you guys know OK City strong armed the Hornets into wearking OKC patches on their jerseys when they play their 6 games in New Orleans.. they burn me up so bad to even talk about them..

Nice way for them to get pictures, posters, etc with players wearing Oklahoma City jerseys....and they probably have an excuse to sell jerseys with Oklahoma City on them as well. That's my guess.

OKC city council threatened legal actions against the Hornets if they did not wear the OKC patch... as for the jersey's, expect them for the home opener and the closer

the hornets have an iron clad lease, and david stern has expressed his desire to extend the lease!

Oklahoma city = San Antonio

OKC city council threatened legal actions against the Hornets if they did not wear the OKC patch... as for the jersey's, expect them for the home opener and the closer

the hornets have an iron clad lease, and david stern has expressed his desire to extend the lease!

Oklahoma city = San Antonio

That's true. Stern said Sunday he wants the lease extended as soon as possible. HEY OKC, extended = staying in NO

When this team comes back, they need a total makeover. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. I hope the people of New Orleans feels the same and force the organization's hands, because in my eyes, that Hornets moniker is forever tainted and needs to be done away with when they return.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom