(NS) Packers at Bears to open 2019 season (1 Viewer)

When the Saints have been in the league for 100 years, which is 47 years from now, maybe they'll be featured in the season-opening game. Something to look forward to. lol

When the Saints have been in the league for 100 years, which is 47 years from now, maybe they'll be featured in the season-opening game. Something to look forward to. lol

It’s not like we were expecting to be in the 2019 Kickoff Game, just no one outside of Packers and Bears fans care about this game. Not even their division rivals.

I think it has more to do with the Packers and Bears also celebrating their 100th anniversary.

It’s not like we were expecting to be in the 2019 Kickoff Game, just no one outside of Packers and Bears fans care about this game. Not even their division rivals.
Not so certain about that. I grew up a Bears fan but that was 60+ years ago when I started watching the NFL, yet I'm interested in watching the Bears play the Packers even though my allegiance changed when I moved to Seattle 38 years ago.

Not so certain about that. I grew up a Bears fan but that was 60+ years ago when I started watching the NFL, yet I'm interested in watching the Bears play the Packers even though my allegiance changed when I moved to Seattle 38 years ago.

People will watch because it’ll be our first taste of live fire football after starving for the previous 5 months (factoring in the AAF season since it’s having favorable reviews). They won’t be tuning in to see “Rodgers facing the Bears vaunted defense”.

They could put the Cardinals and 49ers (teams with the worst two records last year) in the Kickoff game and it’d still pull in great viewership numbers.

Yeah, I'll watch because it would be the first game of the season. The Packers didn't turn a lot of heads last year and I expect more or less the same this year. By week 5 this matchup would be avoided. Of course, we have to assume the Bears continue their ascent.

----

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom