NS: Redskins head coach Jay Gruden fires [four from] defensive coaching staff (1 Viewer)

If true, that's my kind of guy right there. Nip it in the bud.

if it backfires, he knows he's 100% totally accountable therefore he'll go to great extremes to prevent it from happening. Go out on his own terms.

It was also year two under Joe Barry. It is year one under Dennis Allen. This particular situation is more like Payton firing Rob Ryan.

Skins coach Jay Gruden is parting with his entire defensive staff I'm told. Starting over on that side of the ball
— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) January 5, 2017
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

With the consistent lack of success we've had on defense, I'm surprised we've never done something similar. Not sure if it is warranted at this juncture, but it is just interesting seeing how other teams handle their defensive woes.
That's what you call standards. Accountability. Commitment to being the best you can be.

With the consistent lack of success we've had on defense, I'm surprised we've never done something similar. Not sure if it is warranted at this juncture, but it is just interesting seeing how other teams handle their defensive woes.

thats b/c some organizations aren't beholden to some of the staff due to nepotism. As each year passes, and the same coaches keep getting passes, I am more and more convinced the organization is afraid to fire some of these people due to pissing off SP
<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe>

thats b/c some organizations aren't beholden to some of the staff due to nepotism...
<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I don't think Payton is related to anyone on his coaching staff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom