NS - River City Relay Part Deux (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ohio HS Football

not exactly how ours went down but eerily familiar. And just as heartbreaking

Sooooooo close, yet so far

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZRZEPEJg55A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kTGco82JKHo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I remember the big comment on the missed field goal was "The exclamation without the point!"

It did give us that great "bread relay" commercial the following season, which apparently hasn't been uploaded to YouTube.

Still cannot believe he missed that extra point. It's one thing I may never really get over. Such a swing of emotions in such a short time frame. That **** stung.

Good on that high school kicker though for saving that game. Not only did he kick the game winner but he was also the only one who could actually tackle the guy with the ball on the return. They should probably try him out at QB, RB, WR, S, CB and LB too. He's obviously got the guts to play any position.

Still cannot believe he missed that extra point. It's one thing I may never really get over.

Me too. That missed extra point was just about the most disappointing thing in Saints history...and there have been lots of disappointing things.

Me too. That missed extra point was just about the most disappointing thing in Saints history...and there have been lots of disappointing things.

I have a huge laundry list of disappointing moments in Saints history and that missed xp would be somewhere near the bottom. In the grand scheme of things it meant nothing.

River City Relay = what it meant to be a Saints' fan the 1st forty years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom