NS Sad Life of Erik Kramer (1 Viewer)

Sad indeed. Feel bad for his wife and family. Can't help wondering if he's got CTE.

I don’t know about CTE but the loss of a child can drive people to do things they’d never imagine. Praying for him and his family.

I beleive he shot himself in head and survived as well. So defenately some depression type behavior. In situations i observed alot of times one party will exaggerate a situation out of anger/ leverage many other reasons. Just a accusation is so strong now days its crazy.

I beleive he shot himself in head and survived as well. So defenately some depression type behavior. In situations i observed alot of times one party will exaggerate a situation out of anger/ leverage many other reasons. Just a accusation is so strong now days its crazy.
Who are you talking about in this situation? The wife? It sounds like she did the exact right thing and got out immediately even though apparently he's been changed and this wasn't really his behavior before. Of course wives should have compassion for these guys who have made a living with their bodies, but there's no excuse for violence and there's no reason to stick around to wait to be hurt ... but women do all the time. And I know people make up stuff to try and strengthen a position -- I'm not saying they don't -- I just have a gut feeling this isn't that.

Who are you talking about in this situation? The wife? It sounds like she did the exact right thing and got out immediately even though apparently he's been changed and this wasn't really his behavior before. Of course wives should have compassion for these guys who have made a living with their bodies, but there's no excuse for violence and there's no reason to stick around to wait to be hurt ... but women do all the time. And I know people make up stuff to try and strengthen a position -- I'm not saying they don't -- I just have a gut feeling this isn't that.
I wasnt talking about this specific situation. Reading it, Urban Meyer stuff also made me think about it. I agree any abuse is disgusting. See alot of it at work both ways. Just as much angle playing/im mad you got a pay and other reasons as the real thing. But action favors the potentially aggreaved which is the wife/GF. No agency wants the public perception of not acting in sitautions. Accusations ruin careers/lives true or not true. Hope what im saying not taken out context.

I wasnt talking about this specific situation. Reading it, Urban Meyer stuff also made me think about it. I agree any abuse is disgusting. See alot of it at work both ways. Just as much angle playing/im mad you got a pay and other reasons as the real thing. But action favors the potentially aggreaved which is the wife/GF. No agency wants the public perception of not acting in sitautions. Accusations ruin careers/lives true or not true. Hope what im saying not taken out context.
No, I just wanted to clarify. And, personally, I go by my intuition a lot of times, not just straight facts, if that makes any sense. And just my gut tells me to completely side with the wife here.

I won't say much about Urban Meyer because I don't know much. But if he's being scapegoated (as I think Joe Pa was, but let's not rehash that. People think what they think and just won't be knocked off their opinion of it), then that stinks. But if he really took advantage of his anointed status, then THAT stinks. Great coach does not equal great human being and we can put hero labels on a lot of despicable human beings.

Then there's the OJ thing. Just because he abuses does not ipso facto make him a killer, so I struggle with the whole scenario of that night. But, heck, his ego doesn't even let him think he's an abuser, which, paradoxically is what makes him a TEXTBOOK CASE abuser (Oh, it's all Nicole's fault because she would fight back and wouldn't just stand there and take it but, hey, I'm The Juice!).

But the instant case, dude's clearly got a LOT of other issues going on which may or may not stem from being hit in the head. But the wife's got to look out for No. 1 and compassion for her husband be darned. It's a difficult situation for the woman physically, emotionally, financially.

As a woman, I think there are some women who, without realizing it, walk around with the idea that they are a "victim" just BECAUSE they're female (while still realizing that, yes, generally we make good targets for a would-be rapist or sexual harasser and for that I HAVE been lucky). But, in a traitorous opinion to my gender regarding DOMESTIC abuse, I always think, But you CAN decide who you're in a relationship with, so it it gets abusive, GET OUT. If you see red flags, HEED THEM. People want to tell me I'm "lucky" I've never been abused. And I want to say, No, I've just never stayed around to be abused and get mired into a relationship after I saw warning signs early on. Yes, that meant sometimes I was ALONE and I've known a lot of women who actually PITIED me for being alone while they were in an abusive relationship. I don't need your pity, I need you to have more self esteem and realize that you're worth waiting for someone who doesn't think it's okay to punch a woman .... because they DO exist.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom