NS: Tony Romo Pro-bowl? (1 Viewer)

rlemieux

Who Dat?
Reaction score
There has been recent rumblings that Romo is a possible Pro-bowl canidate. There has been even quieter whispers that he is moving up the ranks for a possible MVP vote. I have to admit his numbers through 5 starts (6 games) look awful impressive (69.4 % completion, 1656 yards, 13 TD's and only 5 INT's). Projected over 16 games that would be 4416 yards, 34 TD's and 13 INT's). Thats pretty impressive numbers and Dallas has been a totally different team since he took over. Is this just a 1st time player that is making a big spash and will eventually fissle out or is he for real?

pretty impressive start for sure, I was hoping to see Bledsoe in a few more weeks but no such luck. Since McNabb went down, I can see a pro bowl possibly, not MVP though imo.

He'll disappear never to be heard of just like most of these other backup QBs that do good for a couple of games then fade into oblivion.

Considering Payton wanted Romo for the Saints but was denied by Parcells, I would say it doesn't surprise me given the eye for talent Payton has shown so far.

I'm still glad that we got Brees, personally think he is a much better QB than Romo from what I've seen of both.

I would think that Romo's surprising start is somewhat attributed to teams not having a lot of game tape on him and he may level off eventually, but he is a good QB and may not level off much.

They all come back to earth eventually...we did.

Romo. Hmm??? Impressive start. YES! Pro Bowl? MAYBE. He's more of a Pro Bowl QB than Captain Bloody Jock (Vick) was last year.

I'm getting sick and tired of all the Cowboy talk on Sirius. Call me Anti-American, but I HATE!!!! America's team.

NFC PRO BOWL QB's:
1. Brees (looks like he's locking up a PB nod)
2. Bulger (his defense is killing him. who's the DEF cord. up there? oh yeah)
3. Romo (could be)
4. Hasselback (depends how he finishes)
5. Grossman (inconsistent play)
6. E.Manning (has to get his head out of his you know what)

Last edited:
Lets see his numbers after 6 more games. I'm willing to bet he will not keep up this level of play as soon as he hits a stretch of a loss or two and some hard times.

after hearing the tony romo love fest yesterday, and today, and probably from now on, since vick is no longer the espn/etc golden boy, i'm not surprised. get used to it. it'll be romo this romo that til we all turn off the tv in disgust. that's ok. he'll get his a couple of sunday's from now. our drew is still on top. and so will we be. GO SAINTS!

I hate the Cowboys as well but it wouldn't shock me, and I would not be too terrible upset if he was in the Pro-Bowl. Brees is the only clear cut guy in the NFC. Romo, Bulger and Grossman all could make a decent argue ment. Maybe even that Favre guy for old times sake ;)

I'd take Brees, Bulger, and Grossman in the probowl before Romo.

as a cowboys fan, i can unbiasedly (that even a word?) see romo in the pro bowl. theres not many good qb's in the nfc outside of brees...but mvp? no way...lt already has that wrapped up...consideration? sure. but no more than brees.

and i can see romo slowing down a LITTLE bit. but its not like he'll start playing like rex grossman. he's been in the league for a couple years, learning under vinny T and bledsoe. you can criticize all you want about that last comment, but riding the bench and learning has helped him greatly. i'm not surprised by his play thus far actually. with julius jones/marion barber III to help in the running game, and TO, glenn, crayton, and wittin as receiving options, to go with a pretty good defense...well, thank god he's a cowboy...

Romo. I'm getting sick and tired of all the Cowboy talk on Sirius. Call me Anti-American, but I HATE!!!! America's team.

Try living in Dallas and having everyone say he is the next Troy Aikman.
It's been 5 games. Wait till the right defensive coordinator gets ahold of his tendencies. He also has had a lead in just about every game, so the running game has been there for him. I think Sean Payton may be the man who can expose his weaknesess' because he is the man who discovered him. That would be great.

Romo. I'm getting sick and tired of all the Cowboy talk on Sirius. Call me Anti-American, but I HATE!!!! America's team.

Try living in Dallas and having everyone say he is the next Troy Aikman.
It's been 5 games. Wait till the right defensive coordinator gets ahold of his tendencies. He also has had a lead in just about every game, so the running game has been there for him. I think Sean Payton may be the man who can expose his weaknesess' because he is the man who discovered him. That would be great.

you are correct. our coach has a knack for picking and choosing. whether it be players, plays, or opponent's game plan. we are still a young team. our players are progressing in coach's direction week by week. as a team. it is just individuals here and there who are a step off. way i see it, it hasn't been the GAME of football where we are falling behind, but the incidentals (interceptions and turnovers). our game plan is pretty solid. and for that reason, the reason being coach, i have complete faith that we are going to pull this out and be in the postseason by our own effort and not the falling out of some other team.

What gets lost is the obvious love fest the officials have for the cowboys. Romo is more mobile than Bledsoe, but the lack of holding calls still remains.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom