NS- Whats a more amazing stat.... (1 Viewer)

watts

@saintsinthe70s
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Tampa Bay never returning a kick off for a TD or the NY Mets never throwing a no-hitter???

(Part of the reason for this thread is an attempt to jinx Carolina tonight:ezbill: )

CHI-TOWNSAINT

More than 15K posts served!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
TB not returning a kickoff has to more amazing! You can luck into a kickoff return.......you can't luck into a no-hitter.

HouDat

Banned
Reaction score
TB not returning a kickoff, by a longshot. No-hitters are very rare. Like there are only a couple per year, at most, out of thousands of games played.

There are dozens of kickoffs returned per year, out of mere hundreds of games.

tenordas

Vesti le procè flamber
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Houston via New Jersey, New Orleans, Baton Rouge,
Definitely the Bucs is the more pathetic, um, amazing?, stat. MLB went over two years between the last two no-hitters. They are a serious rarity and getting more rare all the time it seems, while returns for TDs happen almost every week in the NFL.

Brad01

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I remember the Bucs almost got one in 2001 against the Saints. Aaron Stecker returned it like 80 yards before finally getting chased down by Michael Lewis right before the endzone. That was when they were still running the promotion every home game for a fan to get a million dollars if they returned one. Sometime after that game they stopped doing that.

Complex Kid

Most things I worry about Never happen anyway
Reaction score
Remember the Saints/Bucs game the 1st year Stecker was here? And he returned the opening kickoff for a TD. (i think it was the opening kickoff I may be wrong on that point). Classic.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Didn't the Saints return the franchise opening KO for a TD? How funny is that? Heh. About the only thing worse than not ever having a KO return is their ownage of futility in the only season a team went without a win, 0-14. They do have a SB ring though, so I can't bash on them too much.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
How to watch, follow Saints vs. Raiders: Get key broadcast information, expert picks, more Saints RSS News Feeds 0
How the Saints are handling road games in 2020: 'Buyouts' of most hotels, more buses than usual Saints RSS News Feeds 0
How Jared Cook led NFL in big-play efficiency with Saints; what more targets could show Saints RSS News Feeds 1
Empty stadiums may make the hard count more effective for veteran QBs like Drew Brees Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Poll Which Offensive Player would you like to see more of in coming weeks Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 30
CSC’s Week 2 fantasy waiver wire, Saints D/ST and more Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 15: More takeaways from Saints week 1 game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus The Eerie Silence of an N.F.L. Stadium Makes the Game Even More for TV SR News Page Articles 0
Drew Brees and Tom Brady finish 1st showdown as divisional foes seeking more Saints RSS News Feeds 0
bigcarlittlewill Drew Brees licked his fingers 66 times or more last night Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
We used Murray more at least? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 16
albionmoonlight Tom Brady on Pace to Throw More Interceptions for the Bucs this Year than Winston did Last Year Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 14
Watch: On Drew Brees' day, Demario Davis' contract, Jenkins' pick-six, more as Saints beat Bucs Saints RSS News Feeds 0
How to watch Saints vs. Buccaneers: Broadcast info, expert picks, live updates and more Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bigsaints One more day!!! Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 13
Alvin Kamara at 100%: After 'damn good' year despite injury, why Saints RB is primed for more Saints RSS News Feeds 1