NS: Why would you boo Vinatieri? (1 Viewer)

DetroitSaint

Reaction score
I don't understand why Vinatieri is getting booed and heckled. After all he has done for the Patriots, all the game-winning kicks he has made, why boo him?

triumph

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
we boo'ed Morten for the Falcons game. /shrug. He doesnt care (nor should he). it's all entertainment and he plays for the enemy. He probably would be surprised if he was cheered during the game.

mortenmo

Reaction score
I don't understand why Vinatieri is getting booed and heckled. After all he has done for the Patriots, all the game-winning kicks he has made, why boo him?
Morten Andersen was booed in the Superdome just a month or so ago for the same reason. Saints fans are not any better.

shrike3000

Holding Out of TC
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Same reason some Saints fans would boo Morten Andersen in my opinion. I don't agree with either of them getting booed.

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Pats fans aren't used to a player leaving for a better contract (more money). Most of their players stick around to get another SB ring even though they get less pay as a Patriot.
:scratch:

61woods

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Vinatieri went to a hated rival of the Pats, just like Morten leaving us and going to the Falcons.

OP
DetroitSaint

DetroitSaint

Reaction score
Still, anyone who won my team a Superbowl with his foot would have my respect for whoever he played for.

CT Saints Fan

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Texas - via Metairie, Houston, Virginia, & Con
Still, anyone who won my team a Superbowl with his foot would have my respect for whoever he played for.
But he thought his best chance for winning another ring was with their archenemy. He turned his back on the Pats. You have to expect that the fans will turn on you when you do that.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
Morten Anderson didn't kick two game winning FG's in the SB. If I was a Pats fan I'd never boo him.

Bishop

shuffle-by Poster
Reaction score
I'd show love to him otherwise, but not when Vinny is in position to score for the enemy. This game may mean home field, or a late FG could end the Pats' season down the road. Strange that Vinny's first miss was tonight. The fans were right about booing.

DeuceMcAllisterFan

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Pats fans aren't used to a player leaving for a better contract (more money). Most of their players stick around to get another SB ring even though they get less pay as a Patriot.
:scratch:
Not True.

Branch, Milloy, McGinnest, Law, Vinateri... just to name a few.

SaintNashville

Saints Fan 4 Life
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I can't stand Venturi and will always boo him :)

Bishop

shuffle-by Poster
Reaction score
Not True.

Branch, Milloy, McGinnest, Law, Vinateri... just to name a few.
To be fair, I believe some of those players were looking for that last big payday and already had rings. Brady took less, and many FA prospects will to play for the Pats. The Pats seem adept at developing cheaper talent, and are in fine cap shape. The Eagles are also notorious for low-balling older players.

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
I'd show love to him otherwise, but not when Vinny is in position to score for the enemy. This game may mean home field, or a late FG could end the Pats' season down the road. Strange that Vinny's first miss was tonight. The fans were right about booing.

Took the words out of my keyboard.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom