Tweet/s NS. Wonder what has Lamar Jackson so riled up? (1 Viewer)

Yes. You can comment on the playing of a player..but leave his contract and money out of it. I notice folk like to comment on people i.e. athletes money..all the time when they are critizing. Plus he didnt have to tag him or his teammate in the opinion.
What was said didn’t warrant that immature response. Money distribution for a team is a common topic and not a controversial one, either. We had multiple threads about Bree’s’ first big contract because it’s a valid topic concerning salary room to keep good players on board. Lamar responded like someone took a personal shot a him or family.

I’ve got nothing against Lamar, but he should never go down to the level of common trash talkers. He has to be above that. It’s disappointing to see him respond like that.

Last edited:
What was said didn’t warrant that immature response. Money distribution for a team is a common topic and not a controversial one, either. We had multiple threads about Bree’s’ first big contract because it’s a valid topic concerning salary room to keep good players on board. Lamar responded like someone took a personal shot a him or family.

I’ve got nothing against Lamar, but he should never go down to the level of a common trash talkers. He has to be above that. It’s disappointing to see him respond like that.
.....it iswhen they always do it to black players. There is a racial undertone that always geaux into this. Whenever its a black highly paid or soon to be paid athlete theu mention their money often.

It never fails.

.....it iswhen they always do it to black players. There is a racial undertone that always geaux into this. Whenever its a black highly paid or soon to be paid athlete theu mention their money often.

It never fails.
Drew is black? Cousins is black? That comes up with every team and a monster QB contract.

I disapproved of Lamar’s response based on merit. You’re defending his reaction based on race.

Last edited:
Drew is black? Cousins is black? That comes up with every team and a monster QB contract.

I disapproved of Lamar’s response based on merit. Your defending his reaction based on race.
Uh huh...When you get a chance geaux to the NOMA and view some great art work.

IMG-20211203-002245-506.jpg

I’ve heard some say he should take a lower deal because he doesn’t have an agent

“Your take home would be the same as a larger deal with an agent so take the lower deal”

I keep seeing that salary shouldn’t be brought up by fans. Why? It’s completely relevant and it’s a real issue. While “you’re not writing the check” may be true to a point it’s the fans that ultimately pay these salaries. From game tickets, concessions, jerseys and memorabilia to the pay to watch subscriptions and cable and satellite bills we are the ones putting money in the owners and players pockets. Green Bay being the ultimate example of fan owned football but to an extent it’s all 32 teams essentially owned in part by the fans. While we don’t see the dividends in the form of a paycheck, without those fans those players salaries will eventually cease to exist.

I agree, it’s a bit petty to tag him in the post. It’s not needed and it’s attention seeking, it obviously worked but it falls more on the player to keep his composure. Ultimately, he’s the one with a brand and has much more to loose. This guy gets what he wants, clicks and attention and Lamar is sitting there having to answer questions about some random no-body but that no-body hosted him just fine. Like it or not, players, celebrities are going to be held to a higher standard and in the long run are the ones that loose the most when things like this happen (this isn’t as bad as it could be, like punching some random guy in a nightclub or worse) but players have the ultimate responsibility of controlling what happens.

Social media is something I think all players need to stay away from. They should have a social media manager or at least not look at it for a day or two after a loss or bad performance. Freedom of speech is great until it’s directed towards you.

Well that was a mature reaction...
Honestly, I’m giving these athletes fresh off of losses a break here. Way too many trolls feel entitled to their nasty opinions about athletes.

It’d been one thing if the guy and people like him had said something w/out tagging the athlete in question. But folks keep electing to say slick things and then alert the athletes so they can respond. I think it wasn’t so much this one guy’s tweet, but rather a collection of them which this guy ended up being the scapegoat for.

Yes, I get they make loads of money. But we can’t constantly tell these guys they need to be humble b/c money doesn’t make them better than or different from anyone. Then turn around and pretend they’re robots, who should be impenetrable to slander b/c they make so much money.

Nobody wants to work like a dog, come home in pain then get nagged by everyone from strangers to loved ones. Athletes have bad days at the office just like the rest of us. They’re human.

Honestly, I’m giving these athletes fresh off of losses a break here. Way too many trolls feel entitled to their nasty opinions about athletes.

It’d been one thing if the guy and people like him had said something w/out tagging the athlete in question. But folks keep electing to say slick things and then alert the athletes so they can respond. I think it wasn’t so much this one guy’s tweet, but rather a collection of them which this guy ended up being the scapegoat for.

Yes, I get they make loads of money. But we can’t constantly tell these guys they need to be humble b/c money doesn’t make them better than or different from anyone. Then turn around and pretend they’re robots, who should be impenetrable to slander b/c they make so much money.

Nobody wants to work like a dog, come home in pain then get nagged by everyone from strangers to loved ones. Athletes have bad days at the office just like the rest of us. They’re human.
Totally see that side, just don’t feel this guy was nasty in any way shape or form.

I’ve heard some say he should take a lower deal because he doesn’t have an agent

“Your take home would be the same as a larger deal with an agent so take the lower deal”
Hadn’t thought of that lol. Either way I hope he gets his contract and is protected.

It never fails.

NOT TRUE! We also do it with Russel Wilson!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom