Number Two Receiver (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I feel like this year, we will definitely have a couple of great #2 wide receivers..
Ginn, maybe he is ready to go...if not...I like Lil Jordan Humphries, I see nothing but
great receiver wrote all over this kid...he is tough! and the team seems high on Emanuel
Butler I think is his name..I have not seen him play, but if Zack Strief likes him, how can I complain?
And then, Kirkwood, and Trequan, both are decent and their second year, so, could catch fire..
Its not the offense I am worried about....oh, and Latavius appears capable of carrying that torch...
Its the D...I hope like heck that we are sandbagging in preseason, to avoid injuries....because, man,
looks like we have never seen a screen pass...and we just know that we want to stop the run...but seem
clueless....hopefully this will change in the last couple of preseason games...as we get close..
THIS is the year...can you feel it? I certainly do...I even bought me a new Kamara jersey. I am stoked..
Its those first four games man....tough sledding...but, if we can get two wins, and two decent showings,
I will be ecstatic....go Saints!

I feel like this year, we will definitely have a couple of great #2 wide receivers..
Ginn, maybe he is ready to go...if not...I like Lil Jordan Humphries, I see nothing but
great receiver wrote all over this kid...he is tough! and the team seems high on Emanuel
Butler I think is his name..I have not seen him play, but if Zack Strief likes him, how can I complain?
And then, Kirkwood, and Trequan, both are decent and their second year, so, could catch fire..
Its not the offense I am worried about....oh, and Latavius appears capable of carrying that torch...
Its the D...I hope like heck that we are sandbagging in preseason, to avoid injuries....because, man,
looks like we have never seen a screen pass...and we just know that we want to stop the run...but seem
clueless....hopefully this will change in the last couple of preseason games...as we get close..
THIS is the year...can you feel it? I certainly do...I even bought me a new Kamara jersey. I am stoked..
Its those first four games man....tough sledding...but, if we can get two wins, and two decent showings,

Hey Skynnrd. Is that you from nola.com? If so, good to see you here. I'm optimistic about this offense, as well. I think we have plenty of pieces to work with, and I predict Jared Cook is about to take us to the next level again. We may need a little fortune to come our way, as far as injuries, timely turnovers, and fair officiating (LOL). We also need this defense to stay at least middle of the pack, but hopefully even better. I feel pretty good about this team right now. The anticipation is almost over!

The #2 receiver is Alvin Kamara. The #3 is Jared Cook. #4, 5, and 6 are Ted Ginn, Tre'quan Smith, and Latavius Murray with the exact order yet to be determined. It's possible that none of the young WRs even make the roster, even as promising as they look.

Our real defense has yet to step on the field as a whole unit yet this offseason. Should get a glimpse early in the game saturday. But the first team defense played lights out against the chargers last Sunday and nothing but good reports coming out of camp about that unit as a whole.

I notice you're new here... I suggest you bounce around the threads in this forum and you'll get filled in pretty quick on what's what, or at least what we think is what.

I remember last year people thinking that if we can go 4-4 it first 8 games we'd be in good shape and we ended up 7-1. That's because this is a really good team. Barring injuries, we are still a really good team. I'm trying not to get too excited and stay tethered to reality but the way this team is constructed no one should be an absolute favorite over us. We should be in every game. I feel like this is the year, but that no call had me a bit gun shy. Anything can happen but I love our chances.

I don't share your enthusiasm for WR2.

Positionally, it's Ted Ginn Jr. We need him to keep the safeties honest. But for me WR2 is the matchup guy that keeps the chain moving. Back in the day it was Lance Moore. Yeah he was a #3/slot, but he was the go-to matchup to move the chains.

I don't see that guy for this team yet.

I don't think we have a number 2. WR is our weakest position in my view.

If anyone it's Ginn. Alvin is not a WR.

Ginn is the #2 receiver..............everyone else behind him is jockeying for position.

Cook will be a great addition that the offense has been missing for way too long.

..........................and the defense will be fine. The real bullets haven't started flying yet!

I dont think we veiw #1 #2. We always feature the Z position. Which Thomas is taylor made for. After that Its skill sets that fit roles. We always employ a flanker type like Ginn. With RB and when talent allows TE involved heavy in the passing game.

I don't think we have a number 2. WR is our weakest position in my view.

If anyone it's Ginn. Alvin is not a WR.
Sometimes he is. He runs several plays in every game where he lines up at one of the WR spots. They same will probably be true of Jared Cook (that was one of the arguments in Graham's case).

But I get your point. ;)

If not injured, then Ted Ginn will easily be the no. 2 and is likely good for 55 catches or so, which will be about right since we dump off so much to the backs and since we should have more balls going to the TE this year. It appears TQS is stepping up to the no. 3 (based on playing time with the 1's). After that it's gravy. Kirkwood, Butler, etc.. any of them could be the no. 4. I don't see a problem with our 1 through 3 receivers. There's just a question mark of depth after that.

Its the D...I hope like heck that we are sandbagging in preseason, to avoid injuries
"Its the D...I hope like heck that we are sandbagging in preseason, to avoid injuries"
I thought that's when injuries occured, sandbagging, not giving it "all"

Hey Skynnrd. Is that you from nola.com? If so, good to see you here. I'm optimistic about this offense, as well. I think we have plenty of pieces to work with, and I predict Jared Cook is about to take us to the next level again. We may need a little fortune to come our way, as far as injuries, timely turnovers, and fair officiating (LOL). We also need this defense to stay at least middle of the pack, but hopefully even better. I feel pretty good about this team right now. The anticipation is almost over!
Hello Mississippi, yes, its me...I have been starved to be back on a good Saints forum...its been frustrating...they seemed to close the old one down without a word..
Anyway, I agree, Jared is the real deal...and he is the key to really opening up the offense...poor Mike has worked so hard, its about to get easier over there I suspect.
and this crop of second receivers we have, are impressive...I am excited! and I think the D will get on track as we go...they had better, those first four games man...whew...gonna be a tough gig...but, I think we can do it..give me two wins and two good showings, and I will be happy...more later..ha ha...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom