Numerous charges, pleas, and convictions resulting from Mueller investigation (amended)

Moderator #1

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
VIP Contributor
Ratings
Sticky Post
Washington (CNN)A federal grand jury in Washington, DC, on Friday approved the first charges in the investigation led by special counsel Robert Mueller, according to sources briefed on the matter.

The charges are still sealed under orders from a federal judge. Plans were prepared Friday for anyone charged to be taken into custody as soon as Monday, the sources said. It is unclear what the charges are.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/27/politics/first-charges-mueller-investigation/index.html

AndyG

For Yorkshire man
VIP Contributor
Ratings
Does that option still exist on the new site? I remember on the old site, it would give you the option to view the post of someone you'd put on your ignore list, but I haven't seen that once on the new site. Matter of fact, members on my ignore list's posts don't even show up at all and if they're the last to post in a thread, from the board's page where you can see who the last member to post in a thread was, it just shows "Ignored Member" and when you open the thread there's no last post because they're on ignore.
Sort of - it's not quite the same. If you scroll to the bottom of a page, on the right, just beneath the last post is Show ignored content. Click and ignored content is displayed, but only for the current page, and with a little reminder tag added to any ignored user's posts: "you are ignoring content y this member" . Before the upgrade, if someone I wasn't ignoring quoted someone I was ignoring, I'd see the quote within the post, which was quite handy - if someone else thought it worth quoting, there's a better chance that it's either sane, or at least drawing some witty responses. That was the usual way off my ignore list - other users.

If I'm scanning a whole thread, and want to see everything, I'll just log out and view it in guest mode, but that's a rarity.

insidejob

matter vs. spirit
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Ratings
Sort of - it's not quite the same. If you scroll to the bottom of a page, on the right, just beneath the last post is Show ignored content. Click and ignored content is displayed, but only for the current page, and with a little reminder tag added to any ignored user's posts: "you are ignoring content y this member" . Before the upgrade, if someone I wasn't ignoring quoted someone I was ignoring, I'd see the quote within the post, which was quite handy - if someone else thought it worth quoting, there's a better chance that it's either sane, or at least drawing some witty responses. That was the usual way off my ignore list - other users.

If I'm scanning a whole thread, and want to see everything, I'll just log out and view it in guest mode, but that's a rarity.
Cool. Now I can go put those butt crevasses back on my ignore list instead of just skipping over their posts. I like the option to read their posts depending on the topic being discussed. Many thanks for your service, sir.

StudioSaint

Ratings
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Mueller just keeps building his case.
No amount of tweets from Trump, propaganda pieces from pro Trump sources, or barrages of posts on message boards are going to distract him from his investigation. No matter how much we are distracted by all of these things, Mueller won't be.

insidejob

matter vs. spirit
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Ratings
So the "cooperative defense" deal with Manafort's attorneys and Trump's attorneys is also no longer in effect then I take it? All I'm seeing is Hurricane Florence stuff on the news right now.

ETA: I did just see on the ticker that the deal is going to cover both trials but no mention of the cooperative defense or whatever it's called.

mt15

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Ratings
A DOJ prosecutor just referred in court to the Manafort deal as a “cooperative” deal. The hung charges from Virginia will be dropped upon satisfaction of his agreement. No link, heard on radio.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom