Numerous charges, pleas, and convictions resulting from Mueller investigation (amended) (42 Viewers)

Moderator #1

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
VIP Contributor
Ratings
Sticky Post
Washington (CNN)A federal grand jury in Washington, DC, on Friday approved the first charges in the investigation led by special counsel Robert Mueller, according to sources briefed on the matter.

The charges are still sealed under orders from a federal judge. Plans were prepared Friday for anyone charged to be taken into custody as soon as Monday, the sources said. It is unclear what the charges are.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/27/politics/first-charges-mueller-investigation/index.html

Ratings
Apologies...she said it had nothing to do with trump. Trump said it was no collusion in response to the stone arrest and indictment. Their strategy of flooding the news early in the morning is breaking up my grasp of reality. I hope i wake up from this reality.

WhoDatPhan78

Definitely not part of the deep state.
Ratings
Sarah has put on some weight.

I’m not fat shaming her, I just think it’s a good indication of the overall mental health of the White House. Donald has gotten chubbier over the past few months as well.

BobE

Now with Covfefe
Ratings
Senate investigators have obtained new information showing Donald Trump Jr.'s mysterious phone calls ahead of the 2016 Trump Tower meeting were not with his father, three sources with knowledge of the matter told CNN.

Records provided to the Senate Intelligence Committee show the calls were between Trump Jr. and two of his business associates, the sources said, and appear to contradict Democrats' long-held suspicions that the blocked number was from then-candidate Donald Trump.
The information came to light recently and could answer one of the key questions over the meeting Trump's eldest son set up to get Russian dirt on the Clinton campaign. Trump Jr.'s phone calls involving blocked numbers -- meaning the numbers are private and do not appear in the phone records -- have been a lingering issue as investigators have probed the meeting and whether Trump himself had advance knowledge through any means that his son, son-in-law Jared Kushner and then-campaign chair Paul Manafort met with a Russian lawyer promising dirt on Hillary Clinton.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/31/poli...ocked-phone-calls-not-father-trump/index.html

UTSaintsFan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Gold VIP Contributor
Ratings
Had those calls been between Jr. and Trump, that would have made a really strong case that the president knew about the meeting ahead of time (and probably gave the go-ahead). With this new information, it only removes one possible avenue for conversation; it doesn't eliminate the possibility that Jr. told his father by other means like directly in an office or at dinner, etc. Those are much harder to prove, though.

N.O.Bronco

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Ratings
I mean even if they were to Trump, or even if it is shown that Don Jr immediately left that meeting and went up to Daddy’s floor and visited for two hours, the shift would be the same, deny any discussion of the matter took place. Just how we are slowly getting the shifts from “there was no contact,” to “there was no collusion,” to “collusion is not a crime.”

Which I think is obviously why flipping some of these people has been a component of Mueller’s investigation. It adds eye witness accounts to whatever documentary evidence they currently have.

Anyone with an ounce of objective honesty that has read about Donald Trump’s leadership style and the facts around this case would probably feel comfortable with an all in bet that Trump was more than aware of all these events - Trump Tower, business and financing in Moscow, the offered quid pro quo’s - and likely signaled the ok. Of course proving that with evidence that would withstand bad-faith attempts during an impeachment process or a post presidency legal court is another matter.

UTSaintsFan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Gold VIP Contributor
Ratings
I mean even if they were to Trump, or even if it is shown that Don Jr immediately left that meeting and went up to Daddy’s floor and visited for two hours, the shift would be the same, deny any discussion of the matter took place. Just how we are slowly getting the shifts from “there was no contact,” to “there was no collusion,” to “collusion is not a crime.”

Which I think is obviously why flipping some of these people has been a component of Mueller’s investigation. It adds eye witness accounts to whatever documentary evidence they currently have.

Anyone with an ounce of objective honesty that has read about Donald Trump’s leadership style and the facts around this case would probably feel comfortable with an all in bet that Trump was more than aware of all these events - Trump Tower, business and financing in Moscow, the offered quid pro quo’s - and likely signaled the ok. Of course proving that with evidence that would withstand bad-faith attempts during an impeachment process or a post presidency legal court is another matter.
You're right, it wouldn't prove or disprove what the subject of the conversations would be. They could say they were discussing the Yankees or the weather. You would need a text message or email to prove the substance of the conversation. Or like you said, have someone that was at the meetings and was privy to the discussions to corroborate the timeline. That someone, I think, is Manafort, and the leverage Mueller has is his long history of crime to hang over him. Manafort was also the one sharing polling data with Russians. I think he's the key to it all.

Moderator #2,105

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Ratings
I think this is a big deal. I read that taking money for the inauguration from foreign nationals is a crime. If they can show that it happened, it will be just another criminal act from this most criminal administration.

How much crime is okay from our POTUS and associates? Rather how much crime will Republicans tolerate? It should be zero, but they evidently have another amount in mind.

Taurus

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Ratings
I think this is a big deal. I read that taking money for the inauguration from foreign nationals is a crime. If they can show that it happened, it will be just another criminal act from this most criminal administration.

How much crime is okay from our POTUS and associates? Rather how much crime will Republicans tolerate? It should be zero, but they evidently have another amount in mind.
This one:

Infinity.png

N.O.Bronco

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Ratings

On the NYTimes Daily podcast today they were doing a profile on Mitch McConnell.

Toward the end they mentioned a reporter from somewhere that made the loose comparison of McConnell as the Paul Von Hindenberg to Trump....So they asked McConnell about the comparison.. And even to my surprise he seemed ok with it. Not framed in the Trump is Hitler sense, but around the mentality of people that capitulate to forces and people they clearly have moral objections to.

Even sort of defended the mindset of Von Hindenberg appointing Hitler as chancellor to appease his conservative base. Under the logic of basically an ends justifies the means pretense. Essentially because he sees himself as a pragmatic results driven person and if that sort of bargain is what is needed to maintain majority power to enact his agenda and keep the other guys from power, so be it.

It honestly reinforces to me just how dangerous the modern Republican party is. There really is a party and power above morality or country mentality, and people like McConnell are leading that charge and rationalizing every step they take toward greater illiberalism. In all the same dark ways so many in history have done.

Last edited:
Moderator #2,109

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Ratings
He, and most of the Republicans today, are morally repugnant. Truly.

N.O.Bronco

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Ratings
Senate panel chief sees no Trump-Russia collusion so far: report

“If we write a report based upon the facts that we have, then we don’t have anything that would suggest there was collusion by the Trump campaign and Russia,” Republican Richard Burr told CBS News in an interview published on Thursday.
Guy that spent two years running interference and avoiding his constitutional oversight duties to protect his party’s leader found no evidence of the stuff he was trying to avoid finding evidence on, shocking I tell you.

BobE

Now with Covfefe
Ratings
Guy that spent two years running interference and avoiding his constitutional oversight duties to protect his party’s leader found no evidence of the stuff he was trying to avoid finding evidence on, shocking I tell you.
You mean Richard Burr, who even Mark Warner at one time admitted he was doing a great job on it and even CNN today people admitted that committee was well respected on the Hill for the job they were doing? Now if you were talking HIC then yea.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 24, Guests: 14)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Everything Else Board 0