Nurse & Doctor 'In Training' Pic Causes Stir (1 Viewer)

I'm not sure what you mean, but it sounds like you're clarifying why you were offended. And that's fine. It doesn't take away from my point. You have every right to articulate why something offends you. Your feelings are valid and are shaped by your experiences and perspective. Someone can disagree with you, but they can't say what offends you is not offensive. Or they shouldn't say you're just looking to be offended if you have a genuinely unpleasant reaction to something or it goes against something you believe in. There's a difference between disagreement and trying to invalidate someone, devalue a person's ideals, or discount them as an equal contributor to our society. When someone says that this or that isn't offensive, they're saying that your opinion doesn't mean as much as mine and my opinion should hold sway.
I don’t think the anthem or american flag or america are offensive. Ckaep does. So he kneels... which I find offensive.

But you’re right. He has a right to be offended. I just disagree with him.

I still contend that some people are just looking for reasons to be offended. I’ve been around these people and they complain a lot. I get annoyed at them.

#plaintiffculture

I don’t think the anthem or american flag or america are offensive. Ckaep does. So he kneels... which I find offensive.

But you’re right. He has a right to be offended. I just disagree with him.

I still contend that some people are just looking for reasons to be offended. I’ve been around these people and they complain a lot. I get annoyed at them.

#plaintiffculture
I don't think Kaep has ever said he finds any of those things offensive. I think he knew kneeling would draw attention to his cause by drawing the ire of people offended by his actions. In this case you. And staying on topic, someone could say that being offended by what you imagine offends someone else is "just looking to be offended". Are you yourself one of these people? If so, I guess it's alright as long as you're self-identifying. ?

But seriously, how preposterous is this? You're complaining about people who are looking to be offended yet you're offended by what you imagine is offending someone else.

I’m offended that people just assume that the child with the nurse in training scrubs is a girl. What, can’t a little boy have long hair and wear pink if he wants to??? Outrage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom