Nvidia Shield (1 Viewer)

saintsbank

Gods are for children
Reaction score
While Nvidia has been an important player in the video game industry for years, it has never been a direct competitor to console manufacturers.That’s about to change.
During a press conference kicking off the annual CES trade show in Las Vegas, the company unveiled its own mobile gaming system: an Android device running the company’s just announced Tegra 4 processor chip.
Currently called Project Shield, the system is essentially a chunky game controller with a flip-up, 5-inch multi-touch display. It’s also got standard analog sticks and game buttons as well as plenty of horsepower under the hood.
The intriguing device boasts a variety of standard connectors, too, and can be attached to a big screen TV via an HDMI cable (CEO Jen-Hsun Huang showed off this capability on a 4K/Ultra High Definition set at the press event.)
“This is the culmination of five years of work,” Huang said. “You can enjoy it on the small display or enjoy the same game on your television.”
The system can play games from Nvidia’s TegraZone Android game store as well as games stored on a compatible PC or in the cloud. Nvidia plans to manufacture and sell the Shield itself, according to VentureBeat. The system is expected to go on sale as early as this spring in the U.S. and Canada, with other regions to follow.

Nvidia announces

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fLycXQ6hXM

When i saw this while following CES i was more excited about the Tegra 4 making its way into the mid-year tablets.

It's all about price. It isn't pocketable so its not competing with cell phones, DS and the Vita. What the hell category does it belong in?

Nvidia announcing the Tegra 4 made them the most powerful portable chip of the future......for 1 day, then Qualcomm took the stage and announced the 800. This is just based off of a cursory glance at hardware specs and suspected benchmark results though.

does anyone have one of these? It is kind of calling my name for the TV options alone but I am really curious to hear from anyone who has gamed on it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom