NY Jets biggest test so far? (1 Viewer)

ShadySaint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I think their defense is nothing to take lightly. Ryan has got them clicking on all cylinders. I hope Brees and our offense come ready to play next Sunday because this is gonna be a tough one. Geaux Saints! let's discuss!!

Much like today, it will be a close defensive struggle.

Special teams will play a factor.

The Saints will prevail. 24-13

This will be our toughest challenge to date and after what I saw Sunday I wouldn't be surprised if our Special Teams win it. If that happens I will have seen everything.

This game with the Jets will probably be the game of the week. I was a little disappointed in hearing how much pressure the Bills were getting on Brees, especially since they aren't as good a defense as the Eagles but you can bet Payton will be on these guys about that this week and they will do a lot better Sunday. Looks like the Jets finally got themselves a darn good coach (see how I avoided using a bad word? LOL) who is I think a good fit for that organization.

I won't try to make a prediction right now until I see the game and analyze it, but right now, off of the top of my head, I don't think the Saints fear the Jets or any team for that matter.

This game with the Jets will probably be the game of the week. I was a little disappointed in hearing how much pressure the Bills were getting on Brees, especially since they aren't as good a defense as the Eagles but you can bet Payton will be on these guys about that this week and they will do a lot better Sunday. Looks like the Jets finally got themselves a darn good coach (see how I avoided using a bad word? LOLO) who is I think a good fit for that organization.

I won't try to make a prediction right now until I see the game and analyze it, but right now, off of the top of my head, I don't think the Saints fear the Jets or any team for that matter.

I especially don't think they fear anyone at home, because that Dome will be rocking and rolling sunday

The games have gotten progressively tougher for the Saints, and it is probably going to continue with the Jets and Giants. We need to continue to improve through each week of practice and keep a level head. I love the Saints.

It would very much be to our advantage to turn this into a shootout with Sanchez at the helm.

At least we have 70,000 people who will make it hard for the jets to think or to even spell their team's name.

:omg2::spaz2::yelrotflmao::rock::elefant::pointe:

This game with the Jets will probably be the game of the week. I was a little disappointed in hearing how much pressure the Bills were getting on Brees, especially since they aren't as good a defense as the Eagles but you can bet Payton will be on these guys about that this week and they will do a lot better Sunday. Looks like the Jets finally got themselves a darn good coach (see how I avoided using a bad word? LOL) who is I think a good fit for that organization.

I like your take Marlboro Man, because it foretells of a reality in the modern NFL. There are too many intelligent coaches in this league and we should all understand that slowly, bit by bit, they're going to build a book on us. I specifically refer to your comment about the surprising success of the Bills with the blitz. (edit, SJ)

The deeper we go into the season, the more we will have to lean on Sean Payton and his staff to come up with the right game plan and/or show that they can adjust in kind to an unexpected game plan executed against us, which was my take on what happened in Buffalo Sunday.

There are game plan coaches and game day coaches. In my opinion, Payton has pretty much been a game plan coach since arriving in New Orleans. What we're going to need is more of what we saw today, namely; that he can also adjust to what surfaces within a game.

I think the Jets will force us to adjust. That's the bad news. The good news is that when it comes time to make those adjustments, Payton will have options open to him to get it done.

saints are gonna have to rely on the run game imo

jets have a vicious blitz d

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom