NY media ripping Sanchez - article (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
SANCHEZ, JETS CRASH TO EARTH
by Steve Serby, The New York Post

NEW ORLEANS - Here's the word from Mark Sanchez after Saints 24, Jets 10: "Blame me."

As you wish.

The beautiful swan turned into the ugly duckling on the day the Saints, the deafening Superdome and the world came crashing down on him.

When you cut your teeth in the NFL, whether your name is Elway or Aikman or Manning or Sanchez, there will be occasions when you simply will have to endure a ROOT canal.

Against the 4-0 franchise that no one these days refers mockingly to as Aints, the rookie quarterback of the 3-1 Jets (three interceptions, one returned 99 yards for a touchdown, one lost fumble in the end zone) played like a rookie quarterback and showed up as Aintchez.

They held a Mardi Gras inside the Superdome and Sanchez (0-1 in pink cleats) was the host of the party...

... Gang Green reduced Brees (20-32, 190 yards) to a mere mortal, until bending and finally breaking under the strain of carrying the team in the fourth quarter.

"He played smart," Sanchez said. "He didn't make the mistakes I made. My mistakes killed us."

Sanchez (14-27, 138 yards) played dumb and dumber. Savvy safety Darren Sharper barely budged on a ball Sanchez, looking left for tight end Dustin Keller in the end zone against Tracy Porter, gift-wrapped for him at the Saints 1-yard line. Sharper fooled Sanchez when he didn't bite on a Jerricho Cotchery post.

"That's a classic rookie quarterback looking right at his receiver and Sharper reading me all the way," Sanchez said. "There's absolutely no excuse for that."

Gang Green had staged a heroic goal-line stand at its 1 when Aintchez struck again. Coach Rex Ryan had the kid work all week on ball security. Apparently he forgot to remind the kid that the most important place to hold on to the ball for dear life is his own end zone...
More...
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10175242/SANCHEZ,-JETS-CRASH-TO-EARTH-

NY is brutal :scratch:

I feel sorry for the kid, at least for what he's gonna get from the NY media whenever he has a bad day.

We've got one hell of a defense!!! nuff said

I hate the " I lost the game, we spotted them 14 points," and the other crap like that.

Our D took those 14 points from them and made him play poorly, They didn't give us anything.

I like how they ended the article after bashing the heck out of him.

Sanchez: "It's no cause to start searching for another quarterback."

Of course not. A message from Bill Parcells: The key is how the quarterback gets back up now that he's been bloodied. It's important that the kid is a stand-up guy. He didn't appear shell shocked afterward either.

"I think this film is gonna be even more valuable than the first three weeks," Sanchez said.

like, You blow, we hate that You blow, but it's ok, because we don't think you'll suck next week.

I hate the " I lost the game, we spotted them 14 points," and the other crap like that.

Our D took those 14 points from them and made him play poorly, They didn't give us anything.

I agree, why were those points gift wrapped, but the fumble forced by the jets and the ensuing touchdown was all the Jets D?
It works both ways, we forced them points

The NY media is brutal when it comes to star athletes. They will turn on you in a heartbeat. This guy forgets that Sanchez is stil a rookie. He's going to make mistakes...and probably learn from them. They're also 3-1, which ain't so bad! It's not like they lost to the Raiders!

The NY media is brutal when it comes to star athletes. They will turn on you in a heartbeat. This guy forgets that Sanchez is stil a rookie. He's going to make mistakes...and probably learn from them. They're also 3-1, which ain't so bad! It's not like they lost to the Raiders!

Well, Sanchez didn't forget. He was quick to point out that it was a "rookie" mistake. The game was all his fault yada, yada, yada. All I hear is self righteousness and excuses.

:surpris6: - "If we take away my 4 turnovers it's 10-10."

:jpshakehead: - "Oh really, cause if we take away all the turnovers, you still lose 10-3".

Last edited:
I feel sorry for the kid, at least for what he's gonna get from the NY media whenever he has a bad day.

For all the millions he has in the bank and for all the millions he will make in the future? You gotta be joking! Small price to pay for fame and fortune..........where can I sign up for some of that?

Typical Big Apple love hate fest. Nothing new here. I think Sanchez is dope. For a kid to come is as wet behind the ears as he did, and to have the success he's had. Give credit where credit is do. It was bound to happen sometime this year. At least he knew exactly what he did wrong and manned up to it.

Dude, Im sorry, but for the low block he did on Vilma, I will never feel sorry for that kid. That was totally off base, especially since if a DE would do that to him, he would get a flag, a fine and a possible suspension.

They held a Mardi Gras inside the Superdome and Sanchez (0-1 in pink cleats) was the host of the party.

Now thats some funny shyte.

Well, Sanchez didn't forget. He was quick to point out that it was a "rookie" mistake. The game was all his fault yada, yada, yada. All I hear is self righteousness and excuses.

:surpris6: - "If we take away my 4 turnovers it's 10-10."

:jpshakehead: - "Oh really, cause if we take away all the turnovers, you still lose 10-3".

This! :plus-un2:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom