NYG Beatty Signing Setting Table For Bushrod? (1 Viewer)

I'm tempted to say just roll with Charles Brown at LT and hope he stays healthy honestly

i wouldnt give him over $4 mill in his final year. dude needs help against speed rushers. he's not at the top in his position. the Saints have to chip if he's going against a speed rusher. he CANT handle John Abraham alone. no way i'm giving him more than $2.5mill/year.

I'm thinking the Carl Nicks/Ben Grubbs situation might play out again, but at LT.

Bushrod will leave for a better deal. We will sign his replacement and see little to no drop off.

I'm in agreement with fr3sh here. I definitely see someone giving him a better deal than what we will offer him, especially seeing the PFT article and the report that our 2014 cap will also be a problem since 17 of our offensive players will be consuming 66 million.

But I'm posting in this thread to say this - Bushrod has really been a class act and a real Saint with the way he's handling these things. LIke fr3sh said, it could turn into a Ben Grubbs/Carl Nicks kind of situation and honestly from last offseason, I remember Carl Nicks just running his mouth in Twitter about not wanting to be franchise tagged and then during and after he chose to sign with the Buccaneers just continuously running his mouth about the Saints not really "wanting" him and that it wasn't about the $$$ but about the way the Saints handled communicating with him.

Bushrod could have sulked like Nicks, but no, he did a little video with fans on the Harlem Shake even though he knows its likely that he wont' be a Saint next year and the video could possibly be his last with as a Saint - he's still going out and having fun and giving back to Saints fans and keeping the negotiations as what they are (business) in very plain and civil terms in his interviews.

I say let Bushrod walk and let SP do his thing and bring in a cheap FA to compete with Brown and Jones.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

i've never thought he was anything more than just average. i think this is the case of drew making him seem a lot better than what he really is.

i've never thought he was anything more than just average. i think this is the case of drew making him seem a lot better than what he really is.

I posted awhile back that Im thinking teams will see him like what they saw in Meach last year: a system player.

I REALLY want him back, so I HOPE thats the case, and we can re sign him to a good 5 year contract.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom