NYG Beatty Signing Setting Table For Bushrod? (1 Viewer)

you make 2 pro bowls because your NOT good?... i think the "system" tag is whats keeping him for getting elite money...and i'm not mad at it...whatever leverage we can use to keep solid players in place.

He is solid and plays in a great scheme for a QB. Far from an elite tackle i could carless how many PB's he gets.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

No way we should pay Bushrod that sort of money. As much as it pains me to say it, I'd rather go out there with Charles Brown or Marcel Jones protecting Drew for much cheaper that to tie up that much money into Bushrod. We'll just have to adjust and keep extra guys into block.

I think Bushrod is a pretty humble guy and he will probably work out a deal or find somebody on the open market to pay him more.

I think he is good at what he does, but our Passing game is more centered around creating an interior pocket with the Guards that Brees can stop up into when pressure comes from the edges.

Bushrod gets used by DE's way too much for him to see that kind of payday. 5 mil max but really more like 4 Mil.

Beaty out played him this year.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Beatty is just a better over player than Bushrod and on top of that, he's younger - he will get better. Bushrod has likely hit his ceiling (or close to it). They aren't even on the same planet at this point.

No way would I pay him more than $3mill a year. He is a product of Drew Bree's. Drew Brees makes the line better. Take this same line and putt any other starting QB, minus P. Manning, and maybe one or two more and the newest NFL stat the Saints would lead in would be QB sacks.

I don't know if we can get better than Bushrod on the open market, but that doesn't make him an $8million dollar player. I say, if he can make that out there somewhere, let him go get it. The Saints should offer no more than $3 mill for two years at the most.

Hopefully, the Saints will either draft a LT or bellieve they already have him on the roster with Marcel Jones or Charles Brown. Brown has not proven he can stay healthy so I do not have confidence in him. However, Jones maybe be the successor at LT. The Saints have a way of stashing players on IR regardless if they are hurt.

On IR, they can not be signed by another team. On the practice squad, you can lose a player. Just my opinion, but make a low ball offer to Bushrod or let him walk.

GEAUX SAINTS!!!

no way we should pay bushrod that sort of money. As much as it pains me to say it, i'd rather go out there with charles brown or marcel jones limiting/minimizing our offensive production than to tie up that much money into bushrod. We'll just have to adjust and keep extra guys into block.

fify

I really doubt that asking a TE or RB out of the backfield to chip a DE is going to limit our production much offensively since, you know, we're already doing it much more often than you realize.

Also, in reality Bushrod got $4.5M to play in 2011 and $5M to play in 2012. His cap numbers are different, but that's how much money he had in his hand those years.

Does his value go up more than that? So, if you give him a raise, of $6M/year average for 5 more years? So, 5 years $30M? Give him an $10M signing bonus (Beatty got $12M) and a less than 1M Salary. He just got double the money in one year compared to 2012. I think that would be fair. and it's a $3M cap hit in year one.

We'll see though. Again, it's more about the guaranteed money than the total amounts.

I really doubt that asking a TE or RB out of the backfield to chip a DE is going to limit our production much offensively since, you know, we're already doing it much more often than you realize.

I am aware of this. I am also aware that Bushrod > injury prone Brown and/or Jones. At least Bushrod can slow the DE off the line to be chipped. I also think that this (RB/TE chipping) is one of the reasons we struggle against 3-4 teams. I would like to improve not stand pat as a team.

If Bushrod gets 8 million from the Saints he needs to turn right around and donate half to all the TEs on the roster. This is due to the fact that they seem to have to help him with a chip the DL men on his side on a high precentage of plays IMO...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom