NYT: Mueller's report has been submitted to the AG (1 Viewer)

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Mueller Delivers Report on Russia Investigation to Attorney General

• March 22, 2019
WASHINGTON — The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, has delivered a report on his inquiry into Russian interference in the 2016 election to Attorney General William P. Barr, according to the Justice Department, bringing to an apparent close an investigation that has consumed the nation and cast a shadow over President Trump for nearly two years.

Mr. Barr will decide how much of the report to share with Congress and, by extension, the American public. The House voted unanimouslyin March on a nonbinding resolution to make public the report’s findings, an indication of the deep support within both parties to air whatever evidence prosecutors uncovered.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/22/us/politics/mueller-report-release.html

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
If there is anything implicating the President then this won’t be seen by the public.
Until it goes before a judge and he orders it be revealed, according to the guy who was part of the Watergate investigation and subsequent report (which wasn't issued for 18 months after Nixon resigned.)

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Mueller has always dropped subpoenas, passed off cases to other districts, etc. on Fridays throughout this whole ordeal. Smart man. Keeps him out of the week-long news cycle and lets Trump go nuts on twitter in the meantime, giving the media fodder about whatever Mueller had done but from the president's reaction to it instead of just the ___ that he did on Friday.

brockmeaux

I'm Batman
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And most of we'll hear about it until it's court-ordered to be released (if that ever happens) will be whatever Trump and Giuliani decide to leak to Fox News to shape the initial narrative, and the media will largely run with that. This will all be a "total witch hunt" and "complete waste of taxpayer dollars" by "Desperate Dems" that proves to be a "total vindication!" by Tuesday evening. Calling it.

xpuma20x

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
My gut reaction is that it's going to paint a picture that there was a lot of shady stuff going on within the organization, but that they have nothing concrete that can implicate Trump himself was involved. Everything that has been known so far with Trump is that he works similar to the mafia in the sense that those below him do the work. He just nods or shakes his head and they understand the general gist of what is intended for the situation. While it'll not look good for the organization as a whole, they'll spin it so that there is "proof" that he has been vindicated.

TheRealJRad

The Artist Formerly Known as AgentJRad
Staff member
Tech-Admin
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think it ends up anticlimactic. Trump was either just distant enough to dodge charges, or anything on Trump stays sealed until he’s out of office. It’d take something really damning to charge him now.

N.O.Bronco

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My gut reaction is that it's going to paint a picture that there was a lot of shady stuff going on within the organization, but that they have nothing concrete that can implicate Trump himself was involved. Everything that has been known so far with Trump is that he works similar to the mafia in the sense that those below him do the work. He just nods or shakes his head and they understand the general gist of what is intended for the situation. While it'll not look good for the organization as a whole, they'll spin it so that there is "proof" that he has been vindicated.
This has always been the safe bet.

That and the fact Mueller is a company man and the DOJ policy is that a sitting president can’t be indicted. At most what would happen is a recommendation for a recommendation for impeachment imo. Or that behavior Trump engaged in would of been considered criminal as a private citizen but I’m not even sure Mueller would make a statement like that.

Honestly the only one that would shock me is if Trump Jr. escapes without any recommended charges. As he pretty clearly lied to congress and seemingly investigators.

N.O.Bronco

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
according to one report (can't remember what channel) no more indictments from the SC
Matt Zapotosky has a still ongoing thread.

One DOJ official is quoted as saying no additional indictments are recommended. Of course that technically still leaves out indictments still under seal(though unlikely) or anything distributed out to other offices, like the SDNY(pretty likely more is to come there).

coldseat

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
CNN is reporting that there will be no new indictment. Sealed or otherwise. That doesn't include anything from the Southern District. Sounds like that will be good news for Trump.

I'll be curious to see what the report says if it's ever released. My only question right now is how Trump was able to get out of sitting down to be interviewed? I don't think they even answered questions. We know Mueller wanted to at one point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom